Ice Dance SD - 2013 Skate America | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance SD - 2013 Skate America

jaylee

Medalist
Not sure I love Meryl's very pink dress...if she was going to go that route, I think something like Alissa Czisny's 2011-2012 La Vie en Rose SP dress would be better than this very shiny, slightly spandex-y looking one. Maia's dress looks like a purple version of her 2010-2011 FD one.

jaylee

Medalist
Shibutanis were terrific. Great energy, great performance, great execution. I feel like I've seen this kind of program from them before, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I actually liked that program by the Shibutanis and I usually am not a fan. It`s too bad the United States doesn`t have four spots for the Olympics (or five.. one for K & G-S too lol).

jaylee

Medalist
Anyone else notice the funny twitch that Alex did right at the beginning of the program? Not sure if that was choreographed...

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Anyone else notice the funny twitch that Alex did right at the beginning of the program? Not sure if that was choreographed...

You mean right before the music started with his eyebrows?

That was a really nice skate!

And they score 61.26 points and go into 1st!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Looks like it will be the battle of 42nd Street SD with Weaver and Poje and Cappellini and Lanotte.

samson

Medalist
^I noticed that too. 61.26 so just sneaking past Hubbell and Donahue.

They looked ok with the skate but not thrilled. They actually lost to H/D in the TES but, and I think rightly so, had the edge in PCS.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
^I noticed that too. 61.26 so just sneaking past Hubbell and Donahue.

They looked ok with the skate but not thrilled. They actually lost to H/D in the TES but, and I think rightly so, had the edge in PCS.

I think they know they lost some key points....

But 61+ is a great start for these two. A year ago in Russia they scored 58+.