Icenetwork again | Golden Skate

Icenetwork again

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Is it me or has the Icenetwork video interface been re-designed by a bunch of six year olds? I click on the videos and get very little, so I click on "Schedule and Results" , then " Eastern Great Lakes Regionals", Then "Senior Ladies Short" and I get to see the free skate instead. At least with the old interface, you could find an event pretty easily, even if it was years old....now I have no idea how to access those old vids....let alone the ladies short from the Eastern Great Lakes Regionals.
If anyone would like to try and describe how to access the entire video library, I would be interested in hearing from them.
Chris

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The whole video library is only slowly becoming available. Other than flashback links on the frontpage, the way to get there is Schedule, and use the back key to get to previous months.

Really primitive & it strikes me that the whole thing is meant for smart phones.

And some of the old events uploads are very angry-making-Skate America 2012 does not have the Short Dance (the highlight event of Skam 2012 for me) but it has all the medal ceremonies (totally boring, especially when they are of long past events).

:disagree: Icenetwork

The old interface was easy to use, even though it did not have the most up to date appearance.

OTOH, having the order of skate visible to the right of the small screen is immensely helpful in finding vids you wanted in a long event. I am really sad that the new design is a huge step backward in usability.

Last edited:

KKonas

Medalist
Today's commercial websites should be intuitive, Icenetwork is not. It is simply frustrating.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Recently visited the redesigned site and was shocked at how badly done it is. Glad I'm not a regular user or subscriber. The graphic layout is annoying and it's impossible to quickly find content, and it loads slower (on a computer). I wasn't looking for videos, just some results--never did find what I was looking for and gave up.

lcd

Match Penalty
I struggle with the new website as well. It's as if they chose form over function.

For the longest time, the athlete bios were either missing in action or completely wrong. Charlie White and Alex Shibutani were both listed as singles skaters for a while. Basic stuff should be fact checked before being posted. One should want to spend time on the site, but there are so few obvious links, you are "done" almost as soon as you get there.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The whole video library is only slowly becoming available. Other than flashback links on the frontpage, the way to get there is Schedule, and use the back key to get to previous months.

Really primitive & it strikes me that the whole thing is meant for smart phones.

And some of the old events uploads are very angry-making-Skate America 2012 does not have the Short Dance (the highlight event of Skam 2012 for me) but it has all the medal ceremonies (totally boring, especially when they are of long past events).

:thumbsdown: Icenetwork

The old interface was easy to use, even though it did not have the most up to date appearance.

OTOH, having the order of skate visible to the right of the small screen is immensely helpful in finding vids you wanted in a long event. I am really sad that the new design is a huge step backward in usability.

The SD at Skate America 2012 is on IN.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
FWIW, I sent them a politely worded "Feedback" message and a request on how to use the new interface. I got no response. I think the same folk that designed the Obamacare website did this one......I bet they never heard of the KISS principle.
At the Friends of Figure Skating Breakfast in Boston, I am gonna see if I can get anyone else to stand up with me and voice a complaint besides the one I am going to lodge at the USFSA table. The old one was soooo nice....pick a time frame, pick an event, choose the results or the vids....even a cave man like me could do it....well, at least I got my new Media Guide today....cheeper paper, not heavy duty gloss like before, but its not bad.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks Doris...I now see the forward and back keys.....they are very slow at 5 meg download speed but if you are patient, they do work....yuck....

:disagree: Icenetwork

Last edited by a moderator: