2013 Skate America Ladies Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2013 Skate America Ladies Short Program

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Can Mao not do 3-3 combo's anymore? Yes she does the 3axel but most top skaters can do 3-3's. Her jumps don't have much power behind them. Her jumping prowess has really regressed the last few years.

huh ? Mao always relied on her light and floaty jumps style
and her 3-3 foundation was never good to begin with
so she has no choice but to muster her 3A

Bartek

On the Ice
Can Mao not do 3-3 combo's anymore? Yes she does the 3axel but most top skaters can do 3-3's. Her jumps don't have much power behind them. Her jumping prowess has really regressed the last few years.

And no female skater can do 3 axel. That should tell you something.

Icey

Record Breaker
Her jumps look effortless to me so you wouldn't see a power look.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A contributing factor to Wagner losing this showdown with Asada is due to her lower spin levels. Mao achieved 3 Level 4 spins while Ashley achieved 3 Level 3 spins. Wagner will want to evaluate this as the season progresses.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
That was what I would call a 1-2 punch for us fans. Ashley with her edgy spot on interpretation of the music and her great technique then Mao, soft, lyrical, and soulful with
beautiful jumps. Awesome skating from both of these ladies.

Shout out to Valentina and Victoria! Mae has improved and I enjoyed her program too.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I think Mao should have been a lil bit higher on pcs. And Ashley's 3-3 was partially rotated on the ice, so the mark should have been lower on it!

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Really great judging competition so far!! :clap:

I actually think that all woman where judge fairly and I must say that Elena Radionova is very special and even if it is her first Senior GP competition, I find that she deserve her mark, I have never seen a skater express the music with her body like her, she is sublime! I actually like her yellow dress, it suit her age and the music.

Mao Asada, hum! maybe I'm nostalgic but I prefer her «Nocturne» in 2006, I liked the triple flip/ triple loop in her early age. Too bad that she isn't able to make triple/triple anymore. But, I credit her for doing triple axel! she is amazing, but I don't know, I find that this new «Nocturne» doesn't suit Mao skating like in 2006, the music looks to slow to her skating who is much stronger and faster in 2013. This nocturne program miss somes things :think:

yuki

Final Flight
That was what I would call a 1-2 punch for us fans. Ashley with her edgy spot on interpertation of the music and her great technicque then Mao, soft, lyrical, and soulful with
beautiful jumps. Awesome skating from both of these ladies.

Shout out to Valentina and Victoria! Mae has improved and I enjoyed her program too.

I disagree; Ashley's interpretation has very little connection to the music, which was, for me, the big disappointment in an otherwise well skated program. Congratulations on her 3F+3T though (with positive GOE, no less)! :clap:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I think Mao should have been a lil bit higher on pcs. And Ashley's 3-3 was partially rotated on the ice, so the mark should have been lower on it!
Not what I saw. You sure you're not just being anti-American as you're prone to be. Radionova will have another shot at moving up during the FS.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Not what I saw. You sure you're not just being anti-American as you're prone to be. Radionova will have another shot at moving up during the FS.

May be a bit :p But I really love Mao's sp. And her interpretation was better for me..I like Radionova but she is too young...

inskate

On the Ice

Her jumps were a mess since her growth spurt and she painstaikingly rebuilt them from scratch over the recent few seasons. Even at her best she didn't have a full set of triples - now she has all of them (8 triples in total) planned in the FS. I'd say her jumps are at the best they ever were.
Mao has 3F-3L and 2A-3T planned for the FS. She wanted to include a 3L-3L in her SP a few seasons ago, but practicing it hurt her hip, so she stopped. She can't include 3F-3L because she prefers to do 3F or 3L as the solo jump out of steps as they are the most secure jumps for her.

I think that they are planning on Kim, Kostner and Asada to retire after the Olympics.
Than Radionova has a good shot a world medal (even gold).

Mao already said she wants to attend the worlds if she makes the team.