2013 Skate America Men Free Skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2013 Skate America Men Free Skating

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Max AARON (USA)

Music: The Fortune Teller by Georges Bizet, Rodion Shchedrin; Bluerias by C. Surinach; Adagio by Georges Bizet, Rodion Shchedrin; Torero by Georges Bizet, Rodion Shchedrin

All black costume, V-neck and sheer inserts

4T - lot of speed, hard fall
4S - hand down
3Lo
FCCoSp
StSq
FSSp
4S+2T - solid
3A+2T
3Lz+1Lo+3S
3A - hangs on, stepout
ChSt
3F - e
CCoSp

Slow start, but he brought it in the 2nd half. Should be enough to maybe move him up a bit.

Score: 90.47+71.98-1.00 = 162.45 (PB), 238.36 (tie PB) and in 1st (out of 3)

ghislaine

Rinkside
HIS BACK IS HURTING. Give him a break!

He's had awful posture for years...

Good for him picking it up at the end of the program, but Max needs to go back to the drawing board with both of his problems. Minimal choreography and awful spins. I know he touted this as a "modern Carmen" but there's no modern dance influence that I can see. Doesn't hit the music, no acknowledgement of big music changes, and slow into the footwork.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Max AARON (USA)

Music: The Fortune Teller by Georges Bizet, Rodion Shchedrin; Bluerias by C. Surinach; Adagio by Georges Bizet, Rodion Shchedrin; Torero by Georges Bizet, Rodion Shchedrin

All black costume, V-neck and sheer inserts

4T - lot of speed, hard fall
4S - hand down
3Lo
FCCoSp
StSq
FSSp
4S+2T - solid
3A+2T
3Lz+1Lo+3S
3A - hangs on, stepout
ChSt
3F - e
CCoSp

Slow start, but he brought it in the 2nd half. Should be enough to maybe move him up a bit.

I'm proud of Max for not giving up after that very hard fall and wonky first few jumps. He had great energy and fight throughout the program. and this program is MUCH better than his long. Happy for him!

seniorita

Record Breaker
You know there is the Oly season from the numbr of Carmens!Max skates really fast but in a bad way,makes me anxious he will crash on the boards!!

Sara

On the Ice
Max skated his personal best, previous one was from Four Continents this year. I am not a fan of his skating style at all but he did pretty well today, good work!:) He should cut his hair, this Rippon style doesn't suit him... :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Daisuke TAKAHASHI (JPN)

Music: Yesterday by John Lennon, Paul McCartney; Come Together by John Lennon, Paul McCartney; Friends and Lovers by George Martin; In My Life by by John Lennon, Paul McCartney; Presto (The Long and Winding Road) by John Lennon, Paul McCartney

Black pants, cream pleated shirt

4T - stepout, rotation maybe borderline < on replay
3Lz - nice exit edge
3A - bit forward on landing
StSq
FCSSp
3A+2T - turn in-between
3Lz+3T - landed, not much speed out
1Lo
3F
2S
FCCoSp - very wobbly camel after jump entry
ChSt
CCoSp

He seemed okay at start, but made some stupid mistakes at the end. Still, love his presence and presentation

Score: 72.40+86.72 = 159.12, 236.21, in 2nd out of 4

starryxskies

On the Ice
Other than the jumps, I think Dai's program is starting to grow on me. The cuts are still a little awkward and the problem is that it doesn't really build at the end. His step sequences are still beautiful though.