2013 Skate America Men Free Skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2013 Skate America Men Free Skating

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
this is men skating....every quad you land, your PCS points go up by 1-2 point. 83 seem reasonable for what his produce, when u compare other big guns are gettin g over 90+ in PCS.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Yes, as I said above, he looked very nervous and understandably so- his first major intl competition on the senior level with top level skaters. I knew he was going to skate under par as soon as I saw his face as he began the program.

Perhaps dealing with some increased expectations after landing in a surprising second place in the short. I'm sure that can mess with a skater's head. I don't think he did that badly at all, though, especially considering the triple axel is a fairly new jump for him. He definitely kept up the attack and the performance.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The level of this competition is much higher than last year's. Everyone in the top six scored 230+ and would have beat Machida's bronze medal effort of 229.95.

Also worth noting four skaters last year scored 140+. This year the top six scored well above that 147+ (Jason) to 160+ (Adam and Max).

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Perhaps dealing with some increased expectations after landing in a surprising second place in the short. I'm sure that can mess with a skater's head. I don't think he did that badly at all, though, especially considering the triple axel is a fairly new jump for him. He definitely kept up the attack and the performance.
I totally agree with everything you say! Very proud of him for not deflating after a few jump errors, and continuing to perform with speed, energy, and joy!

seniorita

Record Breaker
I would have not predicted Machida out of the 3 Japanese men to win here but well done!but an event that daisuke is off podium and Kozu 6th is sad for moi:( Especially watching kozu PCs at 80:/

FTnoona

Final Flight
Him AND Oda! Gosh....So far Hanyu, Machida and Oda have delivered this season. We'll have to see what Mura serves up.

Mura's already competed this season at Ondrej Nepela and lost to Tomas Verner. He seems to be in the same boat as Dai and Kozuka so far in the season.

Scout

Final Flight
I'm afraid Jason might turn out to be another Shaw Sawyer

Fortunately for Jason, he's landed more 3A's in competition that Shawn ever has. And he got PBs for the short program and overall total at this competition, so it can't be all that bad.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I like Jason's LP but it's almost too frenetic. Adam's was my favorite. He's developing some real maturity. I am not a fan of Max. He has jumps and speed but little else. Dai will always be a great skater but I fear his time has passed. Kazuko has lost it. I'm glad he has that World's silver medal.

jan

On the Ice
I think Oda is in the best form of all of the Japanese men.

I would have not predicted Machida out of the 3 Japanese men to win here but well done!but an event that daisuke is off podium and Kozu 6th is sad for moi:( Especially watching kozu PCs at 80:/

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mura's already competed this season at Ondrej Nepela and lost to Tomas Verner. He seems to be in the same boat as Dai and Kozuka so far in the season.

Oh yeah, I forgot. And yeah, it looks like he didn't do that well relative to Oda and Machida.

Still it's a long season...the peak needs to happen in December.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker

Agree. And let's not forget that less than 3 weeks ago, he didn't even know that he was going to Skate America.

Icey

Record Breaker
Jason wasn't nervous beyond the nervousness they all feel until they start to skate imo