2013 Skate America Free Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2013 Skate America Free Dance

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
She's hella annoying - Meryl / Charlie's barely got into their first lift and she's painfully screeeching.

yeah I noticed her too, not so much during the others... but that first lift had her squealing so much... oy

Oreo

On the Ice
If I were on one of the other ice dance teams and saw that, I wouldn't know if I would just give it up for the season or be in awe at such greatness.

caitie

Medalist
If I stick around on the stream, do you guys think they'll show the medal ceremony?

Also I thought Meryl and Charlie looked pretty tense/nervous in the kiss & cry, as well as before the performance started. I guess there is a lot of pressure this season, what with it being the Olympics and them being favorites.

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
The problem with D/W is that they are performing too well too early. They are peaking too soon. I hope they do not leave their best skates on the grand prix circuit. Thats what happened with The Bat program. I think if they make a few mistakes early on it may actually help them in the long run.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Meryl and Charlie, brilliantly skated FD, simply the best!

Congrats to Anna and Luca and the Shibs, loved their programs!

lmarie086

Medalist
WOW!

This team...they are the reason I became interested in ice dance and I haven't been sorry once. D/W continue to amaze me and the improvements they have made just astound me. This is not the same team from Vancouver, not at all.

Strong, dynamic performance for so early in the season. And it can only grow from here. It wasn't totally perfect, either; there is still so much potential in this FD. I can't wait to see them develop this dance with further choreographic detail, emotion and technical strength as well.

ETA: I do hope they continue to add to this. It's already so strong, that I too worry a bit that toward the end of the season there won't be anything new about it (not that it wouldn't continue to amaze me as is). But in comparison to The Bat, there's already much more choreographic detail. I'm hoping for little touches to continue to be added, help keep it fresh.

Love this FD.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No kidding! :rock:

Big improvement just since the Salt lake City B event.

I thought it was good at SLC. Tonight was draw-dropping. I think I've spotted a couple of places with upgraded transitions/choreo... but I'll have to watch the SLC and this back-to-back.

But, wasn't the leadup to the first lift more complex, and the last spin was a rework, wasn't it?

Edit: I meant didn't they rework the last LIFT... not spin.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
The problem with D/W is that they are performing too well too early. They are peaking too soon. I hope they do not leave their best skates on the grand prix circuit. Thats what happened with The Bat program. I think if they make a few mistakes early on it may actually help them in the long run.

I worry about this too! I want the world to see their brilliance!

Is it true that Tanith Belbin is dating Charlie? TSL's tweet makes it seem so!

As for the Shibutani's, I think the fall took a little of the sauce out of Alex. There was not much Michael Jackson in their Michael Jackson. Everything needs to be sharper and crisper. I do think their dance had greater technical content than Hubbell and Donohue, though. It will be a dogfight for the second and third Olympic spots, and don't forget Lynn and Logan.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I worry about this too! I want the world to see their brilliance!

Is it true that Tanith Belbin is dating Charlie? TSL's tweet makes it seem so!

They've been dating for sometime. Several years. I always admire that Tanith keeps it professional during her commentary.

Orange Cat

On the Ice

To be fair to D/W they didn't peak 'too soon' with Die Flaudermaus; that was amazing from its first outing, and stayed amazing throughout. I'm just thrilled they turned in a fantastic performance, especially considering how many family and friends they had in the stands :) ... If I say any more about the program I probably will lose coherence haha. I loved it!