2013 Skate America Pairs Free Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2013 Skate America Pairs Free Program

sweetskates1

Medalist
I love the Germans too but I just think that V/T are meant for gold at Sochi - they are invincible at this point - omg 154 for FS>!!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Another world record! Congrats to this wonderful team! Perfection today!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
great skate from russians...If germans want to challenge them, not even win, they must put some big element both in sp and fs this season plus amazed juges in PCS...It is such a pitty for them, because since Vancouver I had fingers crossed for their gold medal in Sochi...and then in 2011 V/T appeared and mastered their programs every year to today's perfection

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
That is weird, which is why I'm not watching it lol. Apparently they're showing the ladies and pairs free skates NEXT weekend (I guess because CTV/TSN have the rights to Skate Canada, but still odd).

Broadcasting logic. Isn't it grand?

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Hugely impressive performance from V/T. The technical content was amazing, not so sure that it deserved such high scores for PCS though. A performance like that will bring the house down in Sochi, it is hard to see them being beaten by anyone. MT/M have a real shot of bronze, again was impressed by the technial but I didn't think they really captured the mood of the Fellini soundtracks.

Nice to S/K on the podium I like this couple they bring something different. I much preferred B/H programmes last year, found the free very cold. When did Philip Glass do music for Dracula? Is from the new tv show?

Dots

Final Flight
The crowd really eat up all of V/T's program. It was refreshing to see.

can anyone screenshot who the screaming lady pls ?

Is she there today? Thank god there's a larger audience so it drowns her attention-whoring antics. Take that lady! :yay:

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 237.71 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
2. Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN) - 208.45 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
3. Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV (RUS) - 187.35 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Caydee DENNEY / John COUGHLIN (USA) - 182.43 Free Skate
5. Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) - 180.27 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
6. Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR (USA) - 177.11 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
7. Felicia ZHANG / Nathan BARTHOLOMAY (USA) - 168.42
8. Margaret PURDY / Michael MARINARO (CAN) - 146.28

They showed about five seconds of V/T on American TV, but that throw he did of her almost hit the roof of the arena. Wow, you could have stacked four or five other skaters between him and her in the air.

Eislauf

On the Ice
I much prefer C/S to D/C. If not for the mistakes they had a chance to beat them.

Agree. I think Marissa is the key factor- she's a petite powerhouse with speed, deep edges, jump quality, flexibility and extensions. She's the one who has to land that monster quad sal after being thrown into the stratosphere by Simon.

flaneur

On the Ice
V/T's throws are crazy good. Everything was strong and precise. I feared they were going to take the already kitschy Jesus Christ Superstar to some bad-taste place... but the program was actually dramatic in a good way. I do hope they will change their costumes though.

yqs100

On the Ice
V/T's technical elements are polished now, but I really wish they could add more transitions and emotion into the programs to reflect the amazing score.....

Pairs is the only "Gold" medal that Russians can fight for in Sochi, I understand how they push all their efforts to ensure this medal,,,,in the meanwhile, they are destroying the Pairs competition..... now I feel like Pairs is like table tennis, synchro swimming ,,, I can tell the result without opening my eyes....

I wonder if V/T will be the Olympic champion that wont be memorised after many many years,,,because so far they still dont have any programs that touch audience's heart deeply.......

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I wonder if V/T will be the Olympic champion that wont be memorised after many many years,,,because so far they still dont have any programs that touch audience's heart deeply.......

You're right. I think they inspire a bit more emotion than say, Totmianina and Marinin though.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You're right. I think they inspire a bit more emotion than say, Totmianina and Marinin though.

Who?

Just kidding. I'm not a superfan of V/T, but based on some of the comments I've seen, I'll give them another try on video, or maybe their next competition.