Samantha Cesario | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Samantha Cesario

lcd

Match Penalty
4-5-6 at Nationals will get sent to Four Continents. Lots of ISU points up for grabs with which to set oneself up nicely for 2014-15

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I think Sam may be the next Wanger. Her body type is more appealing, and has even stronger presence on the ice.

Only one thing I am not sure: she had been using Carmen for for her short program for like three years (I think it is same program), and this year using it for her long. Just wonder whether she can do any other non-sassy type of music, or even not-carmen type of music.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Well, that's the same kind of sassy style. And her Black Swan program last year was in that same vein, just darker in tone. But I do think Cesario is capable of other things.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm just glad to see a watchable ladies' skater-there aren't that many of them these days, IMO. If sassy is her style, I'll not complain because she should be skating to opera or something.

But I think she could manage it :)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Sam has a huge 3f, I wonder if she'd have better luck trying a 3f-3t. Sure, the 3t would likely be <, but if she's worried about the judges not going for her if she doesn't do a 3-3, than a 3f-3t would at least be less risky than the 3lo-3lo she's trying which has a fair shot of being called 3lo<-3lo<< just where the callers are so damn strict these days and she has a reputation as an underotater.

Anyways, I really like Sam's skating, she's very dramatic and sassy, and regardless of the rotations, her jumps are really high which makes her exciting to watch, also she is very artistic and great at selling her programs. I hope she does well and stays healthy the rest of this season, would love to see her pull an upset and make the Olympic team, or at least make it onto a World team at least once in the next few seasons.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
great to see she has people who love her skating. I think they may go toward gao for Olympics, but sam should be more appreciated +higher scores. lovely girl.

lcd

Match Penalty
Samantha seems to have the mindset of a competitor. Not intimidated by the opportunity to deliver under the spotlight. A trait which should serve her well.

I love her ! I still remember her SP at last year JW but kind of forget the girl and rediscovered her at SA before seeing her live in Paris. She's a star and surely can sell & live a program. Best Carmen I've seen since years.
Also, beside her 3l3l, she's rock solid. Hope she does well in the future.

bump

Match Penalty
She's a perpetual under-rotator. That's what sticks out about Samantha Cesario.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Ugh, she is NOT. Last season her Salchow had issues, but she improved it this season. Thank God at TEB she received no < calls in the LP. She's been victim to a lot of wrongful calls.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She needs more speed to her skating. Speed makes a difference in the scoring.