Most beautiful couples | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Most beautiful couples

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I think Charlie is tv sitcom handsome-what hair, but meryl is very unusual looking. with hair/makeup overdone, she accentuates her oddity. She is attractive. I just wonder what she might look like with less makeup, and when she retires and has a little more fullness to face. OT, this team should win OG. They have pulled away from Canadians. Charlie can toss this little sprite around at warp speed, she is tiny, while Tessa has fully matured. Tessa is Princess Kate lovely. Truly a sexy girl next door. Meryl is ID attractive-like Annisina-it takes lots of hair and make up. She is very regal, and knows she is the best out there, for sure.

I agree we will not likely see another G and G. Katia looks her age now-much Cali sunshine I suspect, and coloring her thin hair takes a toll. But was she not so beautiful holding Daria as Sergei burst with pride? Zueva was a dream choreo for them, alledgedly in love with Sergei acc. to Katia's book. I gave mine away (hardcover)-stupidly-to a Russian teen who cared less. Wow, what a hunk, and a great partner to show off Katia. Vocalise is one of those sigh programs. I miss them and wonder what might have been. Funny how Liza is the more talented-tiny like Katia-we may see another Kulik star after all. Katia did very well for herself men-wise, no?

elle_e

On the Ice

Mystic

Rinkside
Although they are not well known outside the US I think one of the most beautiful couples on the ice present day is Gretchen Donlan and Andrew Speroff. Gretchen very closely resembles Katia Gordeeva and Andrew is tall, blonde and Handsome.

Triplethreat16

Rinkside
Gordeeva and Grinkov

Navka and Kostomarov

Usova and Zhulin

Grishuk and Platov (not during 98 with grishuk's Marilyn Monroe phase though).

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Although they are not well known outside the US I think one of the most beautiful couples on the ice present day is Gretchen Donlan and Andrew Speroff. Gretchen very closely resembles Katia Gordeeva and Andrew is tall, blonde and Handsome.
Gretchen even skates a bit like Katia minus the jumps being consistent. Her posture and grace are perhaps the best among the US Ladies. She is like a ballerina. She's a star in the making if they could ever land their jumps.

Someone reminded me on another thread that Radka Kovarikova and Rene Novotny of the Czech Republic were/are a stunning pair.

BlackPack

Medalist
Oh, sorry, BlackPack. Good going on your part: they're a wonderful pair, and I'm glad you remembered them. I either read carelessly or zoned out and forgot.

I zone out a lot ;)

As beautiful and handsome so many skaters are, I haven't actually been attracted to them!

noskates

Record Breaker
If we're looking for beauty - I think most of the teams mentioned have one beautiful component and the partner is just so-so. If we're looking for beauty on the ice I don't think anyone ever, IMO, could beat Katia and Sergei. The chemistry between them was almost palpable. I also think there are certain aspects of people that make them attractive; for example, if Charlie White got his hair cut short I think he would lose alot of that magnetism. Adam Rippon's curls were beautimous. Now he's just sort of average-looking. Meryl, to me, (and I don't mean this to be mean) looks like the blue lady in Avatar. I think her actions and her skating is beautiful but don't think she's particularly a beautiful woman. Scott Moir seems plastic to me. I thought Kurt Browning was very handsome when he was younger and before his hair started to recede. Now he's just cute! It's hard to separate the skating from the looks of the person. Great skaters kind of transcend physical beauty.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
If we're looking for beauty - I think most of the teams mentioned have one beautiful component and the partner is just so-so. If we're looking for beauty on the ice I don't think anyone ever, IMO, could beat Katia and Sergei. The chemistry between them was almost palpable. I also think there are certain aspects of people that make them attractive; for example, if Charlie White got his hair cut short I think he would lose alot of that magnetism. Adam Rippon's curls were beautimous. Now he's just sort of average-looking. Meryl, to me, (and I don't mean this to be mean) looks like the blue lady in Avatar. I think her actions and her skating is beautiful but don't think she's particularly a beautiful woman. Scott Moir seems plastic to me. I thought Kurt Browning was very handsome when he was younger and before his hair started to recede. Now he's just cute! It's hard to separate the skating from the looks of the person. Great skaters kind of transcend physical beauty.

I agree with you that no-one can ever beat Sergei and Katia, both individually and as a couple.
I also agree with the person who posted about Katia's overly light hair and somewhat weather-beaten look these days. Why she has lightened her hair so much is beyond me when she has such a gorgeous natural chestnut color.

BlackPack

Medalist
Objectively, I can see why G&G are hailed as the most beautiful, but they do absolutely nothing for me.

I agree with you that no-one can ever beat Sergei and Katia, both individually and as a couple.
I also agree with the person who posted about Katia's overly light hair and somewhat weather-beaten look these days. Why she has lightened her hair so much is beyond me when she has such a gorgeous natural chestnut color.

I'm always sorry when women with lovely brown hair lighten their color. I preferred Princess Diana's natural chestnut color also.

In any case, Katia is a woman who will never look plain. What bone structure she has.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think the dueling divas and the sparring of words Johnny Weir and Evan Lycaek made or would make a great couple to be politically correct. Evan is dark and Johnny is fair and they have such different personalities when they were sparring with words it was like Ebony and Ivory -in perfect harmony (disharmony) but they have a good look about them.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
and of course Alexandra Stepanova and Ivan Bukin
there my list is complete, I knew I missed 1 more couple

skateluvr

Record Breaker

i'm guessing to cover greys, and maybe the pressure to be blond in so cal. maybe ilia made a comment about how pretty she'd look as a blond. maybe just a change. she is clearly a sun lover, unless the wrinkles are from smoking, which I doubt. Katia never seemed overly fussy off ice about her look and I never recall overdone make up. Sadly as we women all know, beauty does fade in your forties. She still has the perfect petite skater's body. She truly loves the ice. Their love was very obvious. I agree we will not likely see another couple like them. Very special-and both are forever young in our minds. It was 1995. Life goes quickly, even mine.

BlackPack

Medalist
i'm guessing to cover greys, and maybe the pressure to be blond in so cal. maybe ilia made a comment about how pretty she'd look as a blond. maybe just a change. she is clearly a sun lover, unless the wrinkles are from smoking, which I doubt. Katia never seemed overly fussy off ice about her look and I never recall overdone make up. Sadly as we women all know, beauty does fade in your forties. She still has the perfect petite skater's body. She truly loves the ice. Their love was very obvious. I agree we will not likely see another couple like them. Very special-and both are forever young in our minds. It was 1995. Life goes quickly, even mine.

This is what Gordeeva looks like this now. Sad to say the ethereal quality of skating isn't there in this program. Beauty sometimes fades even in the 30s. Sometimes the facial structure remains intact and the beautiful look is still there, but the bloom is gone. Let's just be happy Gordeeva was celebrated as possibly the greatest and most favored beauty for so many years in a sport full of beautiful people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsbVNd3KX8Y