Golden Spin and Golden Bear of Zagreb Competitions 2013-2014 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Golden Spin and Golden Bear of Zagreb Competitions 2013-2014

Finnstep

Final Flight
I just realized Jin-seo was on the list,
does anybody know what happened to him? According to results page, his name was not up there, but on this thread there is his name..

I heard that he decided not to compete here as he wanted to focus on Nationals.

elee63

Final Flight
Gosh Voronov has some great enthusiasm.
And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I honestly think Ando's learning to listen to the music she skates to. Loved her performance.

Funny how many double axels Kim does here. And the fact that she did the inna bauer into the double axel during curtain call. Got a bee in your bonnet? Teehee

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ain't got a single vid of the programmes, but here is something supposed to be an event opening report, but consists mainly of him trolling the English language :biggrin:

What did he say? I couldn't hear because of the annoying horrid dub.

*grimace* They just HAD to show his ONE fall...

mielikki

Rinkside

If the guy says he had one jump missing, they have to show it, that's honest.

Here's a video capturing the final spin by all the gala participants http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfBUmlhM5U4 (is that a tradition?). I didn't even look at the Oly Champion Yu Na because of Zlobina-Sitnikov doing that crazy spin!

+ Liza EX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAdonQcdJck

Jenny81

Rinkside
Thank you Mao!
I was underwhelmed. And sad. I remember the Yuna who did a delayed triple flip that vaulted six feet over the ice. This Yuna is a shadow of her former self, and I do not understand why she is still competing. She has won everything there is to win, why not retire? Will people even remember the Yuna who was one of the greatest skaters to ever step on ice?
As far as the short programs, there is no comparison, IMO between Asada's inspiring short and Yuna's dead faced one.
The short music is oh so slow and boring, and the long music is sleep inducing.

Oh my.... :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Gala videos

Yu-Na Kim (She's not wearing her Imagine dress from ATS here)

Miki Ando

Julia Zlobina/Alexi Sitnikov

Sergei Voronov

Curtain call(Finale)

Here is another one, from a couple of the local skaters:

Hana Košić and Tena Čopor

And, yes, for those that remember, Tena is that girl who I was going on and on about in the 2013 Europeans Gala thread!

I still like Tena, and think she has potential.

But I have to give a HUGE credit to Hana. She was absolutely brilliant!!! :clap:

I was a bit apprehensive when Amodio's Gala music came on, as Florent is the master of the Gala performance. He can whip the crowd up into a complete frenzy with that routine! :rock:

But Hana was every bit as good as Florent at playing to the crowd! :points:

That wee girl is going to be a star in exhibitions for many years to come!!! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Robin26

Rinkside
Im just amazed at the dwindling lack of talent in pairs. When gold medalist wins with a cheated step out triple toe and double sal single axel combo in long what is going on? And marks so high ? I am so confused.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Here is a rinkside video of Liza's Gala performance:

Liza Tuktamysheva

Incidentally, this user has also uploaded rinkside videos of Yun-A and Miki's Gala performances.

Here is another one, from a couple of the local skaters:

Hana Košić and Tena Čopor

After posting the link on her Facebook profile, I received a PM from Tena asking if I could find a video of Ivan Bariev's Gala performance.

I just did a search for recent videos of Ivan on both YouTube and Daily Motion using both of his names (Ivan Bariev and Ivan Righini), but unfortunately there are none up yet.

Now, I don't want to let the girl down. So, I'm going to keep looking over the next few days. As we all know, it sometimes takes a while for skating videos to appear.

But, if anybody comes across a copy before I do, could you let me know?

Of course, I will let you guys know as well if I manage to find a copy myself! ;) :biggrin:

Thank you

CaroLiza_fan

kosjenka

On the Ice

We fans dont understand that people who know next to nothing about skating find falls fascinating and do not find it demeans athletes.

He he said his score would have been over 80 had he not fallen.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
FREAK sidenote:
I love to go through the marks and notice things that just can't possibly happen IF the judges do their job right.
http://www.croskate.hr/Html/GSp13_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

My pick for this competiton:
Dasa GRM, 4th best free program; opened with a triple Lutz.
5 judges gave her GOE +/-0.
1 judge gave her GOE +1.
And 1 judge gave her GOE -3.
The judges are all there to mark the SAME element according to the SAME criteria, with -3 being "as bad as possible" (some top skaters don't even get a -3 when they fall!).

The only way this mark is valid is if she managed to show him - and only him - the middle finger WHILE jumping.

Just another judge that brings down the worldwide perception of figure skating judges.
Hey, ISU! Hey, ISU judges! Tired of being called corrupt and/or incompetent? Then do something abouth this kind of judging.
Otherwise, you deserve to be called corrupt and/or incompetent.

mielikki

Rinkside
FREAK sidenote:
I love to go through the marks and notice things that just can't possibly happen IF the judges do their job right.
http://www.croskate.hr/Html/GSp13_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

My pick for this competiton:
Dasa GRM, 4th best free program; opened with a triple Lutz.
5 judges gave her GOE +/-0.
1 judge gave her GOE +1.
And 1 judge gave her GOE -3.
The judges are all there to mark the SAME element according to the SAME criteria, with -3 being "as bad as possible" (some top skaters don't even get a -3 when they fall!).

The only way this mark is valid is if she managed to show him - and only him - the middle finger WHILE jumping.

lol. Things like that happen from time to time, I tend to think the judge was so exited that accidentally pushed the wrong button :biggrin: Or sneezed. Or was possessed by the devil.

lavender

Record Breaker
Yu na has nothing to worry about when it comes to this program. It's a nice program and all she needs is to be pretty clean to score well. I guess it helps when you don't have any expectations. Hey the judges seem to like Jesus Christ Superstar...so they should love this. I guess I just don't get the doom and gloom on this program.