Golden Spin and Golden Bear of Zagreb Competitions 2013-2014 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Golden Spin and Golden Bear of Zagreb Competitions 2013-2014

gimble

On the Ice
The same trollup costumes, the same awful skating.
Wow, what a waste of time, the only good thing was free live stream which i am greatful for, but this was the last time for now that i watch an awful B competion like this.

Well. I thought some where quite decent and wanted to cheer for them at rink-side.
It must be difficult for all these skaters to continue training when they receive such low scores.

2 skaters to go.

zamboni step

Final Flight
I don't see how this program was better than Mao's at the GPF, although I agree with Yu-Na receiving higher PCS, her program is faster and better choreographed. Mao's layback was better and her combination spin was beautiful though so the difference in performances really came on the clean 3A< versus a step out of a 2A and the spins. If both skated these programs in the same competition with the exact same level of TES and PCS I would say Mao should get 74-ish and Yu-Na 70-71. Of course what should happen and what actually happens are two different things.

Back on point, I thought Yu-Na skated beautifully and her 3F is the best in the world, shallow edge or not.

shallwedansu

On the Ice
Send in the Clowns is probably my favorite short program Yuna has ever done. What an exquisite program of Olympic caliber. The 2A seems like a brief mental lapse. It's great to see Miki again, too and in good shape.

shallwedansu

On the Ice
Wow, what a waste of time, the only good thing was free live stream which i am greatful for, but this was the last time for now that i watch an awful B competion like this.
Well it's a good thing these skaters aren't here for your pleasure. It's so nice of you to insult all of them like this just because they don't meet your standards. :rolleye:

Krislite

Medalist
And this is a B competition where they will give any score they want, including a 73.37 for a slow, unoriginal program with a huge mistake. She's great and perfect, but this score is not realistic for her actual performance and shouldn't indicate what the judges will give her at the Olympics. Her long is another story. It really is interesting and deserves great pcs if well performed.

Slow? The music is slow, but her skating is certainly not. As for what scores we can expect in Sochi--I'd actually say this competition is more indicative, since I'm expecting the judges to hand out Olympic "bonuses" to everyone like Vancouver. In ordinary ISU championships like Words scores can be more conservative, but not the Olympics.

Robeye

Final Flight
In my humble estimation, there is plenty of upside to Yuna's SP. Given some more seasoning and the right venue (ie Sochi), I think this program could easily score in the high 70s, with even a shot at breaking her World and Olympic record. It's going to be another masterpiece when fully baked in a few months. (cf. last year's progression of performances)

vexlak

Rinkside
And this is a B competition where they will give any score they want, including a 73.37 for a slow, unoriginal program with a huge mistake. She's great and perfect, but this score is not realistic for her actual performance and shouldn't indicate what the judges will give her at the Olympics. Her long is another story. It really is interesting and deserves great pcs if well performed.

I always though that the judges have criteria to go by. It should be judged at the time of the program no later than the conclusion of it. It should not be based on previous or future competitions. It should be a result of a skater performing at that time.
We all know that this is not the case (how many of you used inflated?) so all judges should be disciplined. What is the referee there for? If another skater without name skated the same exact program she would never be able reach 73 points. No name no pints...
This is what is fundamentally wrong with the judging system and it should stop.

Aside from that, Yuna did very well, except a mess up landing on a clean 2A with some harder then normal entrance. The program has flow, it is well choreographed and she performed it nicely. She is without a questions great. Not worthy 73 points for this performance however.
IMHO opinion, orgasmic points awards by the judges should stop once for all.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I think Yuna and Miki's PCS are both higher than they should have been for their programs. I think it's interesting that a judge gave Yuna no GOE for her 3F, probably because there are no steps into it. She will fix that before Sochi I'm sure.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Yuna's SP seems pretty weak structure-wise. Not so many possibilities for hogging points. Mao's program when clean should get a much higher TES.

OMG, yes! Kryger is 5th after a clean SP, proving that her Warsaw Cup win was no fluke. I can't believe it, finally the stars have aligned for her this season. Well done!!!

Ando is still slow, her choreography was generic and she just stroked from one element to another. Good for her, landing her jumps but those 8s on the PCS are :rolleye:.

Make sure not to post again either.

MiRé

Match Penalty
Yuna's SP seems pretty weak structure-wise. Not so many possibilities for hogging points. Mao's program when clean should get a much higher TES.

What do you mean weak? She kept the same layout as her 2013 Worlds SP, and that had the 2nd highest BV in the ladies SP(when counted jumps). And did you not see the entrance to her 2A? That should receive at least +2 if executed cleanly because of how difficult it is so I don't know what you mean by "not so many possibilities for hogging points."

Shayuki

Record Breaker
What do you mean weak? She kept the same layout as her 2013 Worlds SP, and that had the 2nd highest BV in the ladies SP(when counted jumps). And did you not see the entrance to her 2A? That should receive at least +2 if executed cleanly because of how difficult it is so I don't know what you mean by "not so many possibilities for hogging points."

What do I mean weak? Mostly lack of jumps in the second half. When compared to Asada, lack of 3a.

Her SP at Worlds didn't exactly score spectacularly. Mao's beat that in every single competition this season.

MiRé

Match Penalty
What do I mean weak? Mostly lack of jumps in the second half. When compared to Asada, lack of 3a.

Her SP at Worlds didn't exactly score spectacularly. Mao's beat that in every single competition this season.

only 2 girls out of 6 in the GPF had 2 jumps being multiplied by 1.1. Mao was not the one either. Also, at 2013 Worlds only 2 girls in the top 10 had 2 jumping elements being multiplied by 1.1 so your reason of "lack of jumps in the second half" in invalid. Also, Yuna may lack 3A (so are ALL of the other ladies) but Asada lack 3+3. Not only that, Asada cannot even land a clean 3A. You're right on Yuna not scoring spectacularly, but you forgot the fact that she was the leader with 69+ score. So that reasoning is also invalid. Mao beating Yuna's score? Well, Yuna scored 73+ beating Mao's score in every single competition she attended.

ordinary person

On the Ice
Well it's a good thing these skaters aren't here for your pleasure. It's so nice of you to insult all of them like this just because they don't meet your standards. :rolleye:

I never said they were here for my pleasure, but you have to admit, watching slow boring skating with some falls is not something you'd spend time on is it?