2013-2014 South Korean competitions | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2013-2014 South Korean competitions

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Left off a double on a planned 3 jump combo starting with 2A I think.

Still, a big improvement over Zagreb. Might have been around 155 for clean FS, 235 total :biggrin:

Well using the same PCS from this competition and her TES from Worlds, which was about perfect = 151.94 But if they went wild on GOES, so yes 155 is possible.

waddup

Rinkside
At this rate Yuna may peak again at the Olympics! Fingers crossed and hope the best for her~ :)

ahy

Final Flight
Peak at the right time, it's stamina problem i assume, she did a clean double axel just now haha

Krislite

Medalist
Yuna's got quite a sense of humor. Doing a double Axel during the medal ceremony. :laugh:

Robeye

Final Flight
Well using the same PCS from this competition and her TES from Worlds, which was about perfect = 151.94 But if they went wild on GOES, so yes 155 is possible.
Based on this second performance, I think I'm still good with my early prediction: Yuna could get something in the 225-230 range with clean skates in Sochi. Breaking her World and Olympic records is not out of reach, if she continues to improve and peaks at the Olympics.

Robeye

Final Flight
Yuna's got quite a sense of humor. Doing a double Axel during the medal ceremony. :laugh:
I think this shows that all of the baroque headshrinking that some indulge in (Yuna is competing unwillingly, isn't really into it, doing it out of loyalty, etc. etc.) is a load of bollocks. :p

Yuna is enjoying herself, and she wants to show something as close to flawless and special as she can make it, and she wants to win. :yes:

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
OK, now I've seen it. She really is so graceful.
Indeed, compared to Golden Spin, she was faster and seemed to have better stamina.
I'm surprised it's the 2As that are giving her a little trouble so far this season. Stepout in Zagreb, a little scratchy yesterday as well as her 1st 2A today, and singled 2nd 2A.
But on the other hand, oh boy does she seem to have a safety margin on the Lz and F! Seems like she never misses those anymore! I don't see her popping a F like at the 2011WC LP.
The choreography is beautiful and elegant, but I also am not the biggest fan of Adiós Nonino. Especially when compared to last year's Les Misérables, which I thought was just a masterpiece, especially the musical arrangement.
But to be fair, I've always loved the music of Les Misérables and thought Adiós Nonino was overused... Only exception was Chen Lu's Adiós Nonino in her 1998SP, but that wasn't the objective me anyway ;)

Krislite

Medalist
OK, now I've seen it. She really is so graceful.
Indeed, compared to Golden Spin, she was faster and seemed to have better stamina.
I'm surprised it's the 2As that are giving her a little trouble so far this season. Stepout in Zagreb, a little scratchy yesterday as well as her 1st 2A today, and singled 2nd 2A.
But on the other hand, oh boy does she seem to have a safety margin on the Lz and F! Seems like she never misses those anymore! I don't see her popping a F like at the 2011WC LP.
The choreography is beautiful and elegant, but I also am not the biggest fan of Adiós Nonino. Especially when compared to last year's Les Misérables, which I thought was just a masterpiece, especially the musical arrangement.
But to be fair, I've always loved the music of Les Misérables and thought Adiós Nonino was overused... Only exception was Chen Lu's Adiós Nonino in her 1998SP, but that wasn't the objective me anyway ;)

Isn't it odd for her to be shaky on the easiest jump (2Axel)? But not really, that to me indicates a little lapse of concentration, which can be due to insufficient stamina. So I don't so much see it as a big issue. If she were popping her Flip or Lutz left and right, then I'd be very worried. Those are her "money" jumps, and they were just fine here.

YunaBliss

On the Ice
Not a single second is wasted. Wow. I loved Les Mis, but this is a much more sophisticated program than Les Mis.

VirMo

On the Ice
Unfortunately this still didn't do it for me (Yuna's free skate). This program still lacks. Just comparing side by side to her past programs there is just much more stroking and "empty" moments where Yuna awkwardly fills the gap like extra rotations after spin elements. This program is far to reserved to play to her potential. Just my personal opinion. It's just not an Olympic program, and mediocre at best even if it were usual seasons. Maybe Yuna has raised the bar too high for herself but it seems like by popular opinion this is by far many people's least favorite of all her free programs. I think best comparison to make with this program is with her SP last season (Vampire's Kiss) as it is quite transcendental but still it was superior.

Jewels

On the Ice
Just watched her double axel in victory ceremony, and it just looks fine:D The music hasn't gotten into me yet, but I just love the choreos, and the spins and step sequences are wayyy better than those of Zagreb. She gained much more speed and power-I'm sure by the time she performs it at the Olympics, it'll become a masterpiece :yes:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Yuna spontaneously showing a 2A when appearing to the audience for the medal ceremony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfqo253--oQ&feature=youtu.be

Lol! That was like a "There! See? I can still do a 2A just fine." :)

I wouldn't say her problems with the 2A are stamina related; it looks more like a timing issue, but it's not a big deal. She'll find her rhythm before Sochi.

Other than those few minor issues the program was great. She really does make it look ridiculously easy...it just looked so easy for her! I like this program a lot more than Les Mis but I do want to see her bring a little more fire and attitude to it...a bit more sharpness to the movements.

Overall though, this was wonderful. I bet it's very satisfying for that to be her last performance at nationals. Congrats to So-Youn too! I'm so happy for her and I can't wait to see some video. Her skating is so gorgeous and she's grown and matured so much in the last two years. I'd love to see her gain some consistency and make a mark on the senior-level. She could be a really great competitor for Korea once Yu-Na retires.