2013 Skate Canada practice | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2013 Skate Canada practice

icellist

On the Ice
Best of luck to Amelie & Akiko!!! :yay::party::party2:

:agree: The grannies of this bunch. Akiko and Amelie have great programs this season too (esp Amelie's FS, I've rewatched it so many times already, do it justice!). Really hoping that Amelie can have a fulfilling, Olympic season.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Akiko looks great! That program is lovely. It builds so nicely and I really think a clean performance of it will score very well.

Kaetlyn's program looks much improved though it's hard to really get the flow of it without the jumps or spins. Good news is it doesn't look anything like that first glimpse we saw a few weeks ago.

Julia looks fine I guess but with no jumps it's hard to tell where she is.

I'm sorry but Gracie's music is terrible. Usually after you hear something a few times you get used to it but I just can't seem to. The first 30 secs or so are okay but all of the screeching frantic violins make me cringe. It's extremely distracting. I'm going to have to watch her SP with the volume turned all the way down. Aside from the music issues her jumps look pretty wobbly. It didn't look like she was going for the combo (just marking it) but she went for the 3L and 2A and had issues with both. Hopefully she'll get her feet under her before tomorrow...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
watching the ladies practice right now and in the background (up above the seats) is a pairs team doing lifts. That's way cooler than what little we can see on the ice!

as for Gracie's music - I love the music, but it makes me want to watch Disney's Sleeping Beauty (as they used the ballet for the soundtrack) more than it makes me want to watch her skating...:laugh:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Such a pity that Julia didn't jump=( I think she looked tired..

She often just marks her run-throughs. It has been surprising to me because before I realized that she struck me as the full-run-through-every-single-time-type.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Gracie jumped a lot. The were many lutzes from her, the clean ones:)
Julia also did many combos, but fell once, doing a single jump though. Looked strong

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I love how Julia fell on her flip and just did it 3 more times, all of them were clean! Her spins were great, but sometimes they were off-centre

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
as for Gracie's music - I love the music, but it makes me want to watch Disney's Sleeping Beauty (as they used the ballet for the soundtrack) more than it makes me want to watch her skating...:laugh:

You love the creepy movies, too :laugh:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Julia also fell during a 3S but from what I was able to see (thank you to the beautiful camera angle that was offered during the last 10 minutes) she also landed a couple of excellent 3Lz+3T (one during the run-through)! Popova tried a zillion times her 3S+2T ;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
You love the creepy movies, too :laugh:

Disney's Sleeping Beauty is my absolute favorite animated film. I've loved it since I was in diapers. Maleficent (the Evil Fairy/Dragon) is my favorite villain, and I've crushed hard for Prince Phillip for year. I'm a tad obsessed. ;)

lcd

Match Penalty
What a treat for fans to watch every moment that they can of Tessa and Scott. If this is their final competitive season, this will be their final International competition in Canada. After this, only Canadian Nationals.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I've just watched Weaver/Poje FD at practice session - it is more smoother and more like real dance than in SLC competition and I see they're feeling good skating tango, overall they looked great for me. I was hoping silently that Tessa and Scott will do tango FD this season - they would put the ice on fire...

pitterpatter

On the Ice
From the comments it sounds like a lot of skaters/teams are looking good! I can only follow the posts as I am unable to view the live practices while here at work...:slink:

samson

Medalist
Thanks so much for posting the live feed and sharing videos of the skaters. Can't wait to watch them!! I hope Christina has been able to build from her performance at Nepela. I'm sure getting more time to really train well now that she's recovered from injury is helping her big time.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
From the comments it sounds like a lot of skaters/teams are looking good! I can only follow the posts as I am unable to view the live practices while here at work...:slink:

I'm sorry for You, but there are already lots of practice videos on youtube :), so there's a possibility to watch them. I know it might be not the same, but there's at least these youtube videos.
I truly enjoy Paul/Islam - their FD is exquisite this year, smooth, delicate but also powerful.
For Tessa and Scott new costumes also for FD - I think they look better in them than in Finlandia Trophy, she was in pale pink dress with some little details on the upper part and she had her hair straightened, he was in burgundy shirt and black pants. They did first lift, twizzles, second rotational lift (it has changed since Finlandia) - from my non-professional eyes there might be problems with levels again like at Finlandia Trophy...Also, there was a problem with twizzles with Tessa. They did 2nd step sequence and last choreo lift, but it were some problems (but it was good later when they did it). Overall, I think it could be a brilliant program but they have to put the technically content together. I was curious (and still I am) about their spin.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Im weirdly loving S/B FD, looks like a bit Harry Potter like but their look is very senior especially Bukin you'd think he's a veteran
Riazanova/Tkachenko are soo slow.... level 1 or 2s on all pls

V/M liked the costumes but other that still meh, SD could be built on but that's it

bramweld

Record Breaker
Im weirdly loving S/B FD, looks like a bit Harry Potter like but their look is very senior especially Bukin you'd think he's a veteran
Riazanova/Tkachenko are soo slow.... level 1 or 2s on all pls

V/M liked the costumes but other that still meh, SD could be built on but that's it

Yeah, but the edges on S/B are poor. Tessa looked to be struggling, they may have injury issues that they're keeping close to the vest. That FD run through looked rough:cry:

bramweld

Record Breaker
R/T look rough in general though they may not make the team. I hope they prove me wrong:eek:hwell: and what gives with all of the grimacing from Ilia. This Igor experiment is not working. He is good but he cannot help NOT everybody!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yeah, but the edges on S/B are poor. Tessa looked to be struggling, they may have injury issues that they're keeping close to the vest. That FD run through looked rough:cry:

well S/B edges and postures are poor, but they have decent speed and those twizzles are one of the best after D/W
twizzles of S/B level4 with + GOE's, R/T they are soo slow I just noticed it, I hope they wont make in Sochi