2013 Warsaw Cup, Poland 14-17.11 | Golden Skate

2013 Warsaw Cup, Poland 14-17.11

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I see there is a Spanish pair-that would make a full set of possible entries for Spain, if Spain qualifies for the team competition for the Olympics.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
; Perhaps she will get Spanish citizenship? Is she seeking it, and is that possible?

Entry lists updated. There is a new skater representing Poland (I imagine she is Polish-American), Colette Kaminski.

Stolbova/Klimov and Fedorova/Miroshkin were added in Pairs! I imagine S/K are looking for easy ranking points.

cassiem

On the Ice
Probably because she would have to wait years to get a release from US Figure Skating (see Morgan Matthews).

Entries and Results page is up. I've edited it in the OP.

I've often wondered why Agnes Zawadzki never tried competing for Poland?

I've heard rumours that she has never considered that. She has Polish roots and she could probably obtain citizenship very quickly (PFSA and the Ministry of Sport would surely help to expedite it) if she wanted to.

However, as cassiem said, since Zawadzki is a former US Nationals medallist and a World Junior Championships medallist, USFS would probably block her release. :(

Thanks for the YouTube link, Alex. I've added it to the OP. How awesome of the organiser to upload the videos so quickly!

Advanced Novice Girls SP was won by Diana Nikitina who is Latvia's hope for the future. She landed 3lutz/2toe, 3loop and a 2axel. I don't know how old she is but she has consistent triples (landed them at Volvo Cup as well) so a great skill level for Novice Ladies. Basics are lacking, though. (Latvia has Kuchvalska as well with consistent 3toe and 3salchow so a really good time for Latvian skating).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVUTUyDjB-w

Gubanova - Wow, wow, wow! 3flip/2toe and 3loop from a skater who is only 10 years old!!! :eek: But it's not just that. Her basics are really strong. Deep edges, fluid and elegant movement. Absolutely incredible!!! The next Radionova? :)

I really liked Lucyna Okhrem. Only 1a, 2lutz and 2loop/2loop but a good quality on all of her elements and some beautiful spirals. I highly respect her coach and choreographer Evgenia Gres who always pays a lot of attention to strong basics and the whole package.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeRip0kZBw0

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
she needs to fix that bad axel technique while still very young, telegraphic and not much speed
is her coach Goncharenko ? I can recognize that axel from Radionova and Samarin

agree Latvia looks good for the future, competition for Finland there ;)

Novice Boys SP was won by Russian Pavel Iuferov. 3flip(possible cheat)/2toe, 3loop, 2axel. He seems tiny as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ5CQdKpRi8

Junior Ladies SP was won by Lithuanian Deimante Kizalaite. 3lutz/2toe (a little wild), 3loop and 2axel (with a very interesting entry and exit). This is another country without ever having much success in singles. But now they have a senior lady with a full set of triples being first alternate for Olympics and this talented junior as well. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9ZMuXcwUAE

Latvian Angelina Kuchvalska fell on an underrotated 3loop but landed a solid 3salchow/2toe and 2axel to place 5th. A perky performance, I like her attack throughout.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF55bPVhsMQ

Always nice to see skaters from countries not traditionally strong, doing well. :)

All of today's results and protocols are up. Videos of all performances have been uploaded as well. :)

Country
Russia
Advanced Novice Girls SP was won by Diana Nikitina who is Latvia's hope for the future. She landed 3lutz/2toe, 3loop and a 2axel. I don't know how old she is but she has consistent triples (landed them at Volvo Cup as well) so a great skill level for Novice Ladies. Basics are lacking, though. (Latvia has Kuchvalska as well with consistent 3toe and 3salchow so a really good time for Latvian skating).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVUTUyDjB-w
She is 2000, and afaik second half of year, so next season will be her first Junior season.
See her at JGP, I believe.
Gubanova - Wow, wow, wow! 3flip/2toe and 3loop from a skater who is only 10 years old!!! :eek: But it's not just that. Her basics are really strong. Deep edges, fluid and elegant movement. Absolutely incredible!!! The next Radionova? :)
Gubanova is from StPetersburg, coach Urmanov (Olympic champion 1994).
Born 02 Dec 2002.

She became taller and now doesn't look as little baby (as it was earlier).
She is known as girl who first landed 3F at competition being younger than 9 two years ago. And, as we see, not only jumps.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
And yaaay for norways Sondre for winning the junior mens comp! We finally have a strong junior skater

Gubanova and Nikitina left everybody else in the dust in Novice Girls FS. Fantastic jump content from both. Nikitina will be very exciting to watch on the JGP next season. Between her, Kuchvalska and Vassiljevs, this is probably the best Latvian National Team, they have ever had!

Iuferov was head and shoulders above everybody else in Novice Boys FS. All triples sans axel and a 3/3 attempt. Anybody knows how old he is?

Junior Ladies FS won by Kizalaite with two 3lutzes. Her and Januleviciute are two best Lithuanian ladies ever, so exciting times for LTU as well. Very decent skate from German Dastich with 5 (easier 3T-3Lo) triples and two 2axels.

Sondre Oddvoll Boe gave his best performance ever and skated a clean FS to win Junior Men. Krzysztof Gała landed a 3axel and fully rotated a 4toe (but fell) to place second. He's a very promising Junior. Sadly he totally lacks the PCS aspects.

I am catching up on some of the events now.

Junior Men FS

Sondre Oddvoll Boe FS
He really gave it his 100%. All the jumps landed (although second 3toe was a little cheated), decent expression throughout. I hope he can build on this and make it to the FS at Junior Worlds this year.

Now what I am wondering is what is the correct spelling of his surname. :p ISU biography has it as Oddvoll Boe but Warsaw Cup organisers have it as Oddervoll Boe.

Krzystof Gała FS

3axel/2toe and a fall on a fully rotated 4toe! We haven't ever seen this kind of technical content from a Polish skater! I really wish he could develop more confidence and projection and stop sleepwalking through his programs, though.

Kamil Dymowski FS

Last season, Dymowski has beaten Gała at Nationals. I don't think that it's going to happen again. This was such a wooden, sloppy performance in all aspects. To think this guy used to be a ballroom dancer and that presentation was his strong point... Very disappointing.