Your dream ladies podium at US Nationals 2014 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Your dream ladies podium at US Nationals 2014

Sara

On the Ice
Someone wrote that Sam's grandma passed away shortly after SA. Perhaps she wanted to spend time with her family and that's why she declined.

icellist

On the Ice
Ashley Wagner and Mirai Nagasu have the only programs that I like of the top competitors.

Courtney Hicks, Gracie Gold, Agnes Zawadzki, and Christina Gao all have meh-choreography/programs this season.

Polina Edmunds and Karen Chen would be a nice addition to the podium. So I guess...

Ashley Wagner
Mirai Nagasu
Karen Chen or Polina Edmunds

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley Wagner and Mirai Nagasu have the only programs that I like of the top competitors.

Courtney Hicks, Gracie Gold, Agnes Zawadzki, and Christina Gao all have meh-choreography/programs this season.

Polina Edmunds and Karen Chen would be a nice addition to the podium. So I guess...

Ashley Wagner
Mirai Nagasu
Karen Chen or Polina Edmunds

Karen chen is probably going to be skating as a Junior at Nationals or at least she should be.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I think skateluvr is referring to the exhibition gala and not the competition portion of SA.

yes, thank you for clarifying that. and it is no disrespect intended to Mae Berenice to be referred to as the French girl. At Skate America Gala, anyone would prefer to see an American who is a lovely skater. mae is typical of French skaters, poor skating skills, not much to commend her. Sorry, that was a slap to Samantha. She was underscored in both programs in PCS and then not invited to the Gala. I'd rather watch Bonaly as she is now than Mae. I am a fan of Florent. He I tiny but zips around the ice. I think I am one of his few American fans. Other than than one ice dance couple, I think France has very poorly trained skaters. Philippe was entertaining, but his jumps were wild and would get negative GOE I think.

I have only been to France once sadly, a religious shrine full of everyone but the French. I wih I understood the culture. I so wanted to see this country but it was not to be. I absolutely do not understand why their skaters are the most unappealing in Europe. Sorry, but that is how I feel. Out of all of them the last 20 years, I found Surya palatable in her last years. Her Cirque du Soleil style is definitely an acquired taste. I just find nothing special about mae's skating and her Gala skate was a bit better than her comp. programs. I'm sure she's a nice kid, but I wish France would finally have a ladies single skater I like to watch. I am a big Cesario fan, tho, as you can tell.

eta, other thread and posts here inform us her grandma died, so she likely was invited but needed to head home. she is very competitive, skating with gusto with news of grandma.

Anne1s

Spectator
If I'm dreaming -and assuming they skated their best: Wagner, Csizny, either Gao or Nagasu

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
My dream podium for nationals would be:

Asada
Suzuki
Murakami

Well people it didn't say which national championship - we shouldn't be so US centric.

USA

Mirai
Caroline
Rachel

(never will happen though

skateluvr

Record Breaker
You want the under dogs who can't skate? I am sure it will be wagner, gracie and third could be agnes, gao or cesarrio, depending on how they skate.