Your dream ladies podium at US Nationals 2014 | Golden Skate

Your dream ladies podium at US Nationals 2014

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I def. see Ash as the strongest competitor and her LP is growing on me. Disappointed totally in her sp, but she is now a seasoned performer. I want Grace to go for experience. She will be a favorite in 4 years I hope. And I am mad SA did not invite the lovely Samantha Cesario to skate but invited French girl!

I love how Sam moves and she is confident. She has now made up my mind. I was iffy on Gao for 3rd But Sam has fans I have seen. I have a bad feeling sputnik Courtney is going to rotate well AND GET BRONZE. I have a feeling Agnes will struggle as usual, and forget the rest. Maybe Wang has a chance? So I hope Ash wins her third, Gracie wins sec. and Sam gets PCS she deserves-with two great performances. I love her Carmen. Not since Sasha have I loved a single skater's Carmen. And I guess I never get sick of it.

This is your dream team-but hopefully a strategic one, too. I find these three the best we have currently, with Gao a close third with Sam.

Who is your dream trio. I'm thrilled we are sending 3 finally!!!!!:biggrin:

ETA having comp troubles...where can I ask help for flukey curser that hops around wrecking sentences?

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I'd like to see Gao make that step up after a few years of good skates at Nationals, so:

1) Ashley
2) Gracie
3) Gao

Unless Gracie's late season form is way off what she is capable of, I don't see anyone grabbing the top two spots.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
May I ask what you think of Sam's chances for bronze? What is it about Gao you prefer? And have you watched Sam's Sp and LP? No one else with a dream team?

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I enjoy Sam's skating, especially her LP. I think she needs to optimize her jump layout because IMO she can do better replacing the 3R-3R<. I think it will be hard for her to separate herself from the pack because there are so many great jumpers now, but if she is able to land everything she will do well because most of the ladies struggle with the pressure at Nationals, understandably.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I'd hate to see Hicks be rewarded when she is just a good jumper. She is early Irina or Bonaly for me. I don't watch her, she is so pedestrian. Gao is not as dynamic. I am wondering why SA did not invite Sam to Gala. Mae finished lower. She has power but that is it. I must say France has the oddest skaters in history. The ladies/the men. I prefer Bonaly to Mae. I think some skaters have unfortunate figures and they cannot do what IJS requires gracefully. She may improve but Skate AMERICA shouldhave asked Cesario.

Amazing how they stick by Caroline for years. Sam must not be a USFS fave. Alissa should perform half as well. I hate the politics/personality game in FS. It still reeks of unfairness so often. IJS did not change that, sadly.

ghislaine

Rinkside
Alissa, Rachael, Christina, in any order.

Joking only a little :p What is more realistic is Ashley, Christina, Mirai. I don't want Gold or Hicks on the podium...lost cause, I know.

tulosai

Record Breaker
dream? like honestly dream?

Mirai, skating with the passion she skated with 4 years ago
Christina G. finally breaking through
Samantha S., so beautiful.

noskates

Record Breaker
Dream, okay?

Wagner (because I really think she's our best chance for an Olympic medal)
Nagasu (because I have always loved her skating and wish she could skate with her feet and not her head......)
Gold (because she's fabulous but she also has another Oly in her at her age)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Wagner, Gao, Gold, Cesario - in that order
Except I want Edmunds and Nagasu on the podium too, but the above is my more realistic dream podium.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Total dream: Ashley, Hannah and Mariah. The later two, in particular, have lovely choreographed programs this year. And Ashley looks great, love the SP.

Honestly, I don't have anything vested in the ladies, but this would be a fun podium.

Rami

Rinkside
I def. see Ash as the strongest competitor and her LP is growing on me. Disappointed totally in her sp, but she is now a seasoned performer. I want Grace to go for experience. She will be a favorite in 4 years I hope. And I am mad SA did not invite the lovely Samantha Cesario to skate but invited French girl!

Huh?? Cesario was 5th at Skate America and the French girl has a name. Meite deserved her grand prix's based on her results last season.

swurvestar

Rinkside
Huh?? Cesario was 5th at Skate America and the French girl has a name. Meite deserved her grand prix's based on her results last season.

I think skateluvr is referring to the exhibition gala and not the competition portion of SA.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Jason Brown, who finished 5th in men's, performed in the gala. I think Sam, who finished 5th, should have gotten a gala slot too, particularly since Mae-Berenice Meite, who finished behind her in 6th, got an invitation to the gala. I do wonder whether Sam declined to skate or had some schedule conflict.