Short Dance: 2013 Skate Canada International | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Short Dance: 2013 Skate Canada International

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
I am just not a fan of the short dance theme this year....getting tired of looking at flappers and '20s outfits. Yes, it's fast, but I'm finding it boring and they all look the same to me. But at least we have the free dance to look forward to.

Yeah...I do like the short dances I'm seeing, there's just so little variety.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I mean how many times can you be held up, instead of held accountable? They took a two minute cigarette break in one competition and still got awarded super high marks. Everytime I tune into a V/M performance, either Tessa is falling out of twizzle are Scott is falling on his backside.

Is this sarcasm? When did Scott fall on his backside?

GF2445

Record Breaker
There is so much hate for tessa and scott on this page! They deserved every point they earned. It cost them about 2-3pts for the twizzles and some reduction in their component marks- that is appropriate.

If you are going to criticise, 1. Be constructive not destructive and 2. Justify your criticism

I just dont like it whenpeople just say its sloppy without reason or say that they dont deserve to win without reason!

Ok rant over.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
W/P stunning SD, loved it! I am impressed! :bow:

V/M not their best tonight but pretty darn good! IMO they deserve 1st place :clap:

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
The score was way too high though.. no doubt. Even Weaver/Poje score was way high, even though they should have been leading. I know it is not a good idea to compare scores between competitions, but there is no way either of those performances deserved a score higher than Cappellini/Lanotte received last week. Outside of Canada, neither of those dances would have received higher than 66-68.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
There is so much hate for tessa and scott on this page! They deserved every point they earned. It cost them about 2-3pts for the twizzles and some reduction in their component marks- that is appropriate.

If you are going to criticise, 1. Be constructive not destructive and 2. Justify your criticism

I just dont like it whenpeople just say its sloppy without reason or say that they dont deserve to win without reason!

Ok rant over.

so without the twizzle mistake they would have gotten above 75-77+ for their SD, kind of absurd
they needed to make the best of their inflated score , as skating in home ice

I don't think that will happen again outside Canadian soil
I was surprised W/P gotten an inflated 70+ mark then came the joking time bomb score of V/M with a 73+

bramweld

Record Breaker
^^ But you know these scores don't mean anything really. Let's see what happens when everyone comes together at the GPF.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Is this sarcasm? When did Scott fall on his backside?

I love Virtue/Moir, and have not read all the snarky comments in this thread.

Moir did land on his rear end in an uncharacteristic fall in the SD at the 2011 GPF.
Obviously, it was a costly mistake.
To his credit, Moir showed good humor in the kiss and cry as a replay of the fall was played over and over in the arena. As V/M sat and waited for their scores, he mimed a reenactment of the fall, as Virtue laughed along with him.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
so without the twizzle mistake they would have gotten above 75-77+ for their SD, kind of absurd
they needed to make the best of their inflated score , as skating in home ice

I don't think that wil happen again outside Canadian soil

if there wasn't a problem with twizzles, tech mark would be 2-2,5 points higher and PCS also would be improved, so 75-76 would be overall and what would be strange with that? Program is good choreographed, has musicality , swing vibe and character and if it is executed well it deserves high score, if Davis/White without tech problems are scoring 75+ I don't see any exception why Tessa & Scott woudn't score like that without tech problems, they are at the same level imo

GF2445

Record Breaker
Yeah. Tessa and scott and meryl and charlie got high scores at home of course. The question is what will happen when they compete outside their home countries.

I personally believe that the judges are scoring bothe their top teams extremely generously. They need to give some room in the scores so the scores can grow as these teams tweak and change and develop their programs. Something needs to be done with this.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
V/M skated the first part of the Finnstep cleanly and got level4, but got only L3 on the second pattern, and both Tessa and Scott messed up on the twizzles so they got only L2 on those. W/P got L4 on both Finnstep patterns and L4 on the twizzles.

Ice Diva

On the Ice
The score was way too high though.. no doubt. Even Weaver/Poje score was way high, even though they should have been leading. I know it is not a good idea to compare scores between competitions, but there is no way either of those performances deserved a score higher than Cappellini/Lanotte received last week. Outside of Canada, neither of those dances would have received higher than 66-68.

Could just as easily say the same about the home-flation at Skate America where D/W's generic, big yawn programs beat the lovely C/L programs.;)