Skate Canada 2013-2014 Pairs Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2013-2014 Pairs Short Program

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Oh, I feel better now....:biggrin:

Berton/Horatek and Sui/Wei got the same TES! PCS put the Italians over the edge.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
the italians should be way ahead of the canadians! I also preferred the chinese.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN)

Music: Tribute by Eric Radford

She's in light pink flowy dress. He's in all dark grey w/ subtle sparkle

3Tw - okay
3Lz - she has step-out, hand down
Li
PCoSp
3LzTh - she has hands down
StSq
BiDs - very nice inventive entry!

Some mistakes, though not big ones. Highlight was the end with the cool death spiral

SP: 37.61+31.96=69.57, in 1st (out of 8)

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Not impressed with Duhamel and Radford, and I like them. They are clearly the class of the field in terms of difficulty and speed, but the program is generic (music didn't do anything for me, her costume so bland and blah), she made two errors on jumps/throws, they seemed disconnected from the music and from each other. She is apologizing in Kiss and Cry and he is not consoling her.

riceplate

On the Ice
Mistakes on the (gutsy) SBS Lutzes and the throw...how many additional pts do D/R get for representing the Maple Leaf? :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Top 3 just separated by 0.55 points, the FS is going to be a nailbiter.

Rest of the field is 14 points back, so the podium seems locked

macy

Record Breaker
meagan and eric were WAY overscored...i would have them in third, the chinese in first, and the italians in second. the podium is a lock.

what time is the next event and what is it?

tulosai

Record Breaker
meagan and eric were WAY overscored...i would have them in third, the chinese in first, and the italians in second. the podium is a lock.

what time is the next event and what is it?

ladies. not sure of exact time, but SOON.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
First 3 teams are basically tied for first place. Canadians had higher base values with all the lutzes I guess?

actually, they are in the lead because they had 2 pts MORE than the italians in Program Components. So, skating skills, choreo, interpretation,...
And tha, and I'm trying to remain polite, is a travesty. The canadians always impressed me with their guts to try the lutz as an individual jump, but their *ahem* interpretation was so... bland. The italians were on fire, had a great chemistry and were fun to watch. Oh well, skating as we know it.
What bothers me about the order despite the close marks is that we need to remember how the judges seem unable to score objectively throughout the competition, even with just 8 pairs, and increase their scores after each skater, so to skate even 1 spot earlier might cost a place in the end result.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
D&R weren't way overscored. The top three teams are pretty much half a point apart. D&R did have a difficult program: the sbs lutzes, the throw lutz, the unusual entries. And the mistakes weren't huge. Their score is still four points below their personal best SP score, so their errors weren't ignored.

I'm not in love with this SP (or Eric's music) at first sight, but I'll give it a few more chances.