Men's Short Program: 2013 Skate Canada International | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program: 2013 Skate Canada International

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I hope that Abbott wins a world medal but he doesn't "deserve" an olympic medal. It is bad enough the Japanese can only send three men but imagine Takahashi, Chan - one of those two likely will not win a medal despie show a few years of consistency but just the luck of the draw inlife their cycle both are heading downwards.
I think on talent he does deserve an Olympic medal with a clean skate. Did you see his 2010 Nationals win? 8 gorgeous triples plus quad. Scott and Sandra commentating said if he skated like that in Calgary he would "definitely be on the podium." His style and soul are peerless. and then he gets mentally unhinged in the Olympics and the runner-up to him at Nationals wins the Olympics. So frustrating. Sasha Cohen used to frustrate me to no end, but at least she managed a few world medals and that Olympic silver (albeit with a weak skate).

tulosai

Record Breaker
Mira has certain moves that remind me of daisuke.

Well, I've never seen Mura before either so take it with a grain of salt but I don't really get what the fuss is about. He seemed kind of emotionless to me.

badknees

Medalist
I like Ross's program. Good cut of music and the costume is right for the movie. Too, too, bad with the 2 falls. Actually music is great.

Oreo

On the Ice
I hope that Abbott wins a world medal but he doesn't "deserve" an olympic medal. It is bad enough the Japanese can only send three men but imagine Takahashi, Chan - one of those two likely will not win a medal despie show a few years of consistency but just the luck of the draw inlife their cycle both are heading downwards.

Olympic medals should indeed go to those who "deserve" them, meaning the three who have truly and fairly outskated their competitors for 7 minutes and 20 seconds (plus or minus).

badknees

Medalist
Ross kinda reminds me of Wylie. Smae figure, same good taste in music and lovely, lovely skating skills. Maybe he can pull a Wylie too!

sweetskates1

Medalist
I really like the costume but the falls are so hard to watch when they happen to him - ouch. I think he is a great competitor - steady and progressing continuously.

badknees

Medalist
Olympic medals should indeed go to those who "deserve" them, meaning the three who have truly and fairly outskated their competitors for 7 minutes and 20 seconds (plus or minus).

Yes, I agree it's about who skates best that day. Sometimes it seems wrong though, like when a baiul or lipinski grabs it after only skating at senior level for just a year or two.

sweetskates1

Medalist
A win from Ross would never surprise me so I would not call him a Wylie, our Jeremy Abbott, on the other hand, he is the dream, the impossible one!

Ross kinda reminds me of Wylie. Smae figure, same good taste in music and lovely, lovely skating skills. Maybe he can pull a Wylie too!