Ladies Long Program Skate Canada 2013 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies Long Program Skate Canada 2013

Scout

Final Flight
I really like Veronik Mallet--where has she been hiding all this time? She has a nice ice personality and joyful quality that is infectious. Good choice of music, I'm happy to see some solid show tunes in between all the overblown warhorses. She definitely needs to go to triple loop clinic. Had it not been for those two falls, this program would have really been swell.

She landed a lovely triple loop in the short. Too bad she couldn't replicate that today. I completely agree about the joyful quality that she has. :) I enjoy watching her skate.

She's improved a lot over the last few years...She was 5th as a senior at Canadian nationals last year, 2nd the year before as a junior, 3rd as a novice the year before. I believe she's aged out of juniors, so we've never seen her on the JGP. She did well at Nebelhorn earlier this year.

lilshorty

On the Ice
Has Amelie changed her hair color? The blonde looks nice on her. She looks like a different skater.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Amelie LACOSTE (CAN)

Music: Amelie by Yann Tiersen

Pink dress

3Lo
3F - twofooted, looked <<
3S+2Lo
FCSSp
StSq
2F+2Lo
2A - held on
3Lo+2Lo+2Lo
LSp
ChSq
2A - fall
CCoSp

Some big mistakes, but still stronger than SLC

FS: 48.98+56.00-1.00=103.98 (PB),163.11 (PB) and in 1st (out of 4)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Amelie is very well repackaged now, looking much more sophisticated. The blonde hair suits her, bringing out her beauty. :yes:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Well that wasn't fair. They just dissed Hicks.

Hicks right now has good jumps and that's it. She needs dramatic improvement of her skating skills and things such as basic line, as well as of her interpretation, performance and execution, and choreography. Her transitions are okay. She is making a mistake IMO with the Evita music.

MasterB

Final Flight
Verner and Hicks were on at exactly the same time across the world. He hit two beautiful quads.