Ladies Long Program Skate Canada 2013 | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Ladies Long Program Skate Canada 2013

bekalc

Record Breaker
But tulosai, Julia is still very young and is still growing if I'm not mistaken. She may indeed escape growing problems, and she seems to have a good temperament and great potential. For me tho' one of the problems is giving young skaters with much promise the world before they actually have the maturity and the experience level to catch up with their talent. Let's also not forget, guess who: Olympic champion, Oksana Baiul.

But you don't know how long a skater has. Look at Tara, I don't think she'd have made it to Salt Lake, due to her hip issues. We should base things on the skating now and not how old they are. Some people have a super long time in the sport, some don't. Julia, from the little I heard, is an extremely hard worker. Piseev mentioned they need to actually get her to train less to not out due herself..

I mean look at Kimmie too she didn't have it in her for a super long career. Even Asada jumpwise (although the rest has improved) isn't the same. It may very well be that Torino really was Asada's best shot for Gold.

There's so much you don't know and to just say well they are 15 so lets not give it to them, as if Julia hasn't spent a lot of time training and working to this moment, and there's no guarantee whatsoever that she has till 2018.

I think anyways that Julia would need some help for her to win Olympic Gold or even a medal over Kostner, Asada, and Kim anyways. But saying she doesn't deserve it because she's young isn't fair.

Robeye

Final Flight
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!She DID it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
We're all friends here. Stop being so shy and tell us how you really feel. :laugh:

Julia still has the nervelessness of youth. She reminds me of Adelina and Liza in their senior debuts. With any luck, her physical development will be deferred until after the Olympics, and she can ride this wave of confidence to Sochi. :)

lavender

Record Breaker
The others with much better pcs will have to step up technically to beat Julia. I love that Akiko got 5 plus points above Julia but it won't matter if all the jumps aren't there.

LeCygne

Final Flight
Yes. I also think the Russian federation would be wise at this point to start pushing her as their number one instead of wavering whatsoever on that point. I feel at this point, Julia has done enough (and Adelina and Liza have done far far too little) to deserve that and make it a safe and smart move.

I guess I would wait at least to see how Adelina does in her first GP (though I'm not a fan of her programs this year at all). Liza has shown that her issues with the SP are still very concerning, and Julia did have a tough season last year with a growth spurt.

But if Julia keeps skating like she did today, the only thing I can think of that might keep her off the team is politics. It's ironic that Julia is best packaged and most prepared out of the three, while the two with the famous coaches/choreographers are currently all over the place with programs, costuming, and overall packaging.

bekalc

Record Breaker
We're all friends here. Stop being so shy and tell us how you really feel. :laugh:

Julia still has the nervelessness of youth. She reminds me of Adelina and Liza in their senior debuts. With any luck, her physical development will be deferred until after the Olympics, and she can ride this wave of confidence to Sochi. :)

I don't see it. She's far more consistent than both of those girls although the other two have better jumps. She's only a year younger.

I think unless Adelina does really well on the GP, Julia should be pushed as their no 1.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
But you don't know how long a skater has. Look at Tara, I don't think she'd have made it to Salt Lake, due to her hip issues. We should base things on the skating now and not how old they are. Some people have a super long time in the sport, some don't. Julia, from the little I heard, is an extremely hard worker. Piseev mentioned they need to actually get her to train less to not out due herself..

I mean look at Kimmie too she didn't have it in her for a super long career. Even Asada jumpwise (although the rest has improved) isn't the same. It may very well be that Torino really was Asada's best shot for Gold.

There's so much you don't know and to just say well they are 15 so lets not give it to them, as if Julia hasn't spent a lot of time training and working to this moment, and there's no guarantee whatsoever that she has till 2018.

I think anyways that Julia would need some help for her to win Olympic Gold or even a medal over Kostner, Asada, and Kim anyways. But saying she doesn't deserve it because she's young isn't fair.

There is a good shot this year might be Lipnitskaia's best shot of a medal for all we know. Of course she could be at her ultimate best around 2018, but it is hard to say. Her peak could well end up being in 2015-2016, and in that case her chances are probably as good or better in 2014 or 2018, unless the current and future skaters dont develop well and the 2018 field and level of competition is so much easier than 2014.

Yu Na Kim, Irina Slutskaya, and Michelle Kwan are not the norm, with their 6, 8 or, even 10 year primes, and just going from strength to strength. I wont even mention skaters like Suzuki and Arakawa who are not examples of super longevity but very late bloomers, which is another category entirely.

bekalc

Record Breaker
To me the greats continue and improve after puberty..

Not everyone can. Some people grow far more than possible. Then there are injuries that nobody can predict. Once again it may turn out Asada's best shot may have been in Torino.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Julia LIPNITSKAYA (RUS) - 198.23 Free Skate
2. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) - 193.75 Free Skate
3. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 186.65 Free Skate
4. Christina GAO (USA) - 173.69
5. Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) - 163.11
6. Courtney HICKS (USA) - 162.00
7. Natalia POPOVA (UKR) - 145.88
8. Veronik MALLET (CAN) - 138.13
WD Kaetlyn OSMOND (CAN)

Becki

Medalist
i didn't add an alternative to my predictions, and I ranked Osmond #5 >ouch< And Courtney #4...double ouch.

Robeye

Final Flight
I don't see it. She's far more consistent than both of those girls although the other two have better jumps. She's only a year younger.

I think unless Adelina does really well on the GP, Julia should be pushed as their no 1.
I meant no slight to Julia. If you read my comment again, you will note that I said she reminds me of Adelina and Liza "in their senior debuts" (i.e. 2011-12 when they were going like gangbusters and actually winning senior stuff, Liza on the GP and Adelina her Sr. Nationals. Both were skating with that intoxicatingly oblivious confidence, or nervelessness, of the juvenile newbie).

bekalc

Record Breaker
I meant no slight to Julia. If you read my comment again, you will note that I said she reminds me of Adelina and Liza "in their senior debuts" (i.e. 2011-12 when they were going like gangbusters and actually winning senior stuff, Liza on the GP and Adelina her Sr. Nationals. Both were skating with that intoxicatingly oblivious confidence, or nervelessness, of the juvenile newbie).

Adelina has yet to win a Senior Grand Prix. Now of course Elizaveta has. Julia didn't win any last year.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

Sotnikova was not confident and is inconsistent so far in her seniors career
has not yet won a GP event for the last 2 seasons

bramweld

Record Breaker
Adelina has yet to win a Senior Grand Prix. Now of course Elizaveta has. Julia didn't win any last year.

I really wish Adelina would try a different coach her skating esp. her jumps look so harried. Just too inconsistent.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Sotnikova was not confident and is inconsistent so far in her seniors career
has not yet won a GP event for the last 2 seasons

I wouldn't be surprised if she wins in Russia. The field is set to be weak there. If she can't win there....

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Sotnikova is not at Rostelecom Cup this year if I am not mistaken. Lipnitskaia, Tuktamysheva and Gosviani are representing Russia there.
I wouldn't be surprised if she wins in Russia. The field is set to be weak there. If she can't win there....

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

Julia can definitely podium, only Kostner and Tuk can challenge
we'll have to see how Carolina scores at Cup of China next week

Sotnikova should make the most of her opporutnity
her GP assignments have a weak field CoC only Kostner, Kanako and TEB only Wagner , Gao