Free Dance Skate Canada 2013 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Free Dance Skate Canada 2013

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
A buck o' seven for that easy, junior level program with a botched lift. Weaver and Poje was cheated. They should have won this.

sweetskates1

Medalist
I would have to agree, it almost feels like a watered-down version and it is just not great. I also do not like the music. The 'highs' and 'lows' are awkward and the movements that match them are just okay. I do LOVE two of their lifts.

V/M's FD looks like a lesser version of Mahler, it's pretty to look at, but I can't help thinking that they did this much better in 2010. I preferred W/P.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Very nice skate by Virtue/Moir, lifts and twizzles much better than at Finlandia and the SD. Still needs more polishing to get the level of cleanliness of D/W.

Don't like the salute at the end - what does that symbolize? Isn't the FD suppose to be presenting the seasons of relationship between a (seasoned) woman and man? More looked like a young couple dancing before doing the national song at high school...

I think the little salute/bow at the end is meant as a thank you to the fans who have watched it all.

wishonastar

On the Ice
Have things to do, but this is going to be one beautiful podium, so will hang around for the awards ceremony. Congratulations to all the medalists, especially H/D on their first GP medal!!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
I think the little salute/bow at the end is meant as a thank you to the fans who have watched it all.

Perhaps, but I think it would be better to do some kind of salute to each other - you know, thanking each other after all these seasons of up and downs. The current ending seems cheesy

elif

Medalist
V/M have some great lifts!! Their costumes should change again - do not like the generic burgundy with black on Moir and I think the pink color is beautiful on Tessa but it looks like a slip. I think that it feels so empty, there is something missing.. I don't know..

Which lift is great? First one looking awkward and looking like Scott needs a moment before lifting Tessa up. Not a great position either. Second one very generic and easy, even junior teams doing that lift with much more GOE. First rotational lift very fast but not flow out of it. Second one too slow especially after the first one. I really loved those Carmen lifts and 2008 FD lifts. But this year's lifts horrible. How can they get +3 GOE, I don't understand.

Perhaps, but I think it would be better to do some kind of salute to each other - you know, thanking each other after all these seasons of up and downs.

They do. After they salute the audience they spend a few moments staring into each others eyes with a kind of a, well. that was one heck of a ride, kid, vibe.

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
It has to be said.. it's obvious Tessa is too big for Scott to lift in difficult positions. You see Hubbell does not try it because they know she is too big. Tessa in the same boat

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I really enjoyed V/M, yes it does remind me of Mahler, but is a beautiful, emotional skate. I would have expected more than 107, W/P won the TES. I found W/P a bit boring, to me it was a cold passionless tango, I didn't think it would break 100 never mind nearly 105. Can believe they are that close to V/M.

Dissapointing from R/T, a few years back I thought they would have gone places but they are just stuck at this point. It was a poor selectionof POTO music.

sweetskates1

Medalist
If it is, then it will be shocking! The judges have embraced Meryl and Charlie but they always show their continued affinity for V/M. I really think that W/P are good but V/M are still better. I just cannot get over how empty and relatively easy their FD looks this year specially compared to the massively difficult program that D/W have masterfully performed.

Cannot wait for them to compete off Canadian soil, where they will be thrashed.

rosacotton

Final Flight
I kept remembering D/W's POTO performance at nationals and thinking how sub par the Russians' version is in comparison.

Oh, good! I wasn't the only one having sudden flashbacks of D/W's superior POTO.

V/M -- lovely program. Am looking forward to their facing off with D/W at the GPF.

W/P -- really like this program. Quite a hug score! Will be interesting to see how they build on that. Seems like there will be a battle for that Olympic bronze medal.

H/D -- so happy for them getting on the podium! Lovely program.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
They do. After they salute the audience they spend a few moments staring into each others eyes with a kind of a, well. that was one heck of a ride, kid, vibe.

I saw. I just think they should switch it around, perhaps. Thanking each other first before the audience. I like the idea of them skating like nobody is watching, you know very intimate.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
If anyone's feed is getting the medal ceremony, pls say which one. Thx.

Congratulations to Virtue/Moir and the other medalists. :)

riceplate

On the Ice
Yeah V/M struggled with the transition on the last lift :eek:hwell: Pretty much all these teams are having minor blips/stutter moments. So might as well get these kinds of kinks out of the way early in the season. But I love the regal feel to the program.

My favorite FD of the season yet, though their Finlandia performance was a tad better.