Julia Lipnitskaia :P I know-I know | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Julia Lipnitskaia :P I know-I know

hurrah

Medalist
I actually really like Julia's Schindler's List program and it is perfect that she is doing now when she can skate to the music from the point of view of the little girl in the film.
I posted earlier that when I saw her jumps on high-def television, it really was clear how small her jumps were, but upon watching her again, I also noticed that her edges have really improved from last season. So yeah, while I still think that there's a possibility she's going to lose her jumps later on, right now, she is doing really well.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I'm starting to think Julia may not lose her jumps. Maria B stayed very slim even into her 20s so if Julia's build is like Maria's she might not have problems. However, I think it may be harder for her to rotate the 3/3s when she gets taller unless she jumps bigger.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm starting to think Julia may not lose her jumps. Maria B stayed very slim even into her 20s so if Julia's build is like Maria's she might not have problems. However, I think it may be harder for her to rotate the 3/3s when she gets taller unless she jumps bigger.

Yeah, she has always reminded me of a Sasha Cohen body type and her body is very like Sasha's at that age. Of course, anything could happen, but I really do think she may survive her growth.

noidont

Final Flight
It's no comparison but Julia's program made me miss I/K's Schindler's List even more. Elena was 16 then, and I would have to say, she was a lot more mature performance-wise. That being said, Julia suits this program, albeit the program itself being on the CoP's required empty side. This girl is going to be amazing in four years if she gets her edge problem under control.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Julia has already grown. Most or all of her growth spurt is over and she survived it. She is not going to lose her jumps now, and those who keep saying she will are mostly wishful thinkers.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Julia has already grown. Most or all of her growth spurt is over and she survived it. She is not going to lose her jumps now, and those who keep saying she will are mostly wishful thinkers.

yep they have been saying that since she was 13
and have written her off that she wont make Sochi 2014 facing puberty and with Tuktamysheva and Sotnikova :unsure:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Yeah, she has always reminded me of a Sasha Cohen body type and her body is very like Sasha's at that age. Of course, anything could happen, but I really do think she may survive her growth.

Tarasova said the same at Nats! She said it's rare to have such a good build

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Whether Julia survives her growth is one thing; we should not overlook the larger picture: if you have been following what is going one with ladies JGP this year, you probably have noticed lots of promising younger Russian girls who are as strong as Julia (maybe not the flexibility part), and some of them demonstrated better skating skills and presentation, and Polina Edmunds is also a future force who probably also survived puberty. So in the next few years, I may see a number of Julia like skaters, and her prominence will be somehow buried.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Someone with really weak skating skills should never be so heavily promoted.
Her skating skill should be in the 4s range. Even weaker than Zijun Li's.

Open your eyes and watch her edge and turn. It's like a juvenile cat, scratchy on ice, but somehow manage to land on her feet. That is not figure skating.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Whether Julia survives her growth is one thing; we should not overlook the larger picture: if you have been following what is going one with ladies JGP this year, you probably have noticed lots of promising younger Russian girls who are as strong as Julia (maybe not the flexibility part), and some of them demonstrated better skating skills and presentation, and Polina Edmunds is also a future force who probably also survived puberty. So in the next few years, I may see a number of Julia like skaters, and her prominence will be somehow buried.

None of them are as consistent as Julia, and Redionova (while a VERY strong performer) is likely to fall to puberty in terms of the jumps at least for a season or two. I would love to be wrong about that but she is all twig legs now, and her body is going to drastically change in the next few years. In addition, Julia's skating skills are improving, slowly but surely. Her edging is better this year than it's been in the past, as are her presentation and interpretation (note I am not saying any of these things are stellar, just that it is denial to say they are not improving). Her speed is okay. Not great but not slow either- average for an elite skater or a bit above.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

right, your probably one of those who didnt even thought he'd have a chance in Sochi and survive puberty by 2014 :sarcasm:
she has been growing and has survived so far luckily her growth is not abrupt every year, and those other prominent younger juniors have a higher chance of not surviving, Radionova's legs, Medvedeva's skating skills, Proklova is still the size of a flea. I have been following Julia since she was eleven and her biggest assest she has always been consistent , how many can say they medal in a GP series and a junior world medal in a season suffering from 3 successive injuries ?

also it doesn't negate what Julia has been doing now
and like it or not she even has a higher chance of making the Olympics than Tuk or Sotnikova

gmyers

Record Breaker
Someone with really weak skating skills should never be so heavily promoted.
Her skating skill should be in the 4s range. Even weaker than Zijun Li's.

Open your eyes and watch her edge and turn. It's like a juvenile cat, scratchy on ice, but somehow manage to land on her feet. That is not figure skating.

Monkey , dog peeing, squid ,troll , horse and now cat. Just stop it with the negative comparisons to animals or mythical creatures.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
right, your probably one of those who didnt even thought he'd have a chance in Sochi and survive puberty by 2014 :sarcasm:
she has been growing and has survived so far luckily her growth is not abrupt every year, and those other prominent younger juniors have a higher chance of not surviving, Radionova's legs, Medvedeva's skating skills, Proklova is still the size of a flea. I have been following Julia since she was eleven and her biggest assest she has always been consistent , how many can say they medal in a GP series and a junior world medal in a season suffering from 3 successive injuries ?

also it doesn't negate what Julia has been doing now
and like it or not she even has a higher chance of making the Olympics than Tuk or Sotnikova

You are reading too much from my words. :laugh:What I am saying is I don't know whether she will survive puberty or not. Ya, if people don't agree with you that she DEFINITELY HAVE survived puberty, they are sending a curse to her. That's called selective perception.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I enjoy your blunt honesty & sarcasm, once I got used to your style…
As much as I love Zijun li, I agree that her skating skills is also weak, like most Chinese skaters (Han Yan excluded).

silverlake22

Record Breaker

Julia might learn to jump higher when and if she grows taller, but I don't think she will grow much taller anyways. The long bones (legs and arms) grow before the trunk of the body and Julia's proportions are already very balanced, unless she is genetically predisposed to having a very long torso in proportion to her arms and legs, I'd be surprised if she grew more than an inch or two. If you look at the podium pictures, she looks pretty similar height and weight wise to Akiko who is 28, just because the girl is really thin, doesn't necessarily mean she will grow a lot taller and/or gain a bunch of weight. Further, Julia debuted on the JGP younger than most due to her June birthday, she was just 13 her first international season, but unlike a lot of the wonderbabies we see, Julia actually looked like a 13 year old girl that season as opposed to some of the others who look about 9 or 10 physically. So for a figure skater, she may have passed the adjustment phase earlier than most and appears also to have been blessed with a more gradual growing path and favorable genetics/body type for a female skater, which would explain why she does so well as a 15 year old. Mao and Yuna were both the same way and were having great success on the senior level at the ages of 15 and 16 too.

bluesky85

On the Ice
My thoughts on Julia's future prospect...

Maybe not all, but most skaters, even the top ones, lose a little bit of consistency as they grow and mature in their senior years that they had in their junior years. Some lose only a little bit and others a bit more. So chances are... Julia might lose a bit of her monstrous consistency. I mean the word monstrous in a positive way since it's a good thing to have such consistency:) We don't know yet. Only time will tell. She might maintain most of her consistency since she has such fast rotation and good position in the air or she might lose a bit more than fans would like, since her jumps are not big. The good thing is... she will also continue to improve artistically as most skaters do with age. So in the end, she will maintain the same level overall and score about the same or a bit higher, and that will be enough to keep her as one of the top contenders in any competitions.