Skate Canada 2013-2014 Men's Long Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2013-2014 Men's Long Program

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
What has happened to Hanyu? Just as in the US the Japanese men's field is wide open.

riceplate

On the Ice
Day dreaming now. Maybe Jeremy and Alissa need to partner up and do pairs. Perhaps as a team they could hold it together??

With their jump success rate and the fact that they rotate in different directions, that has disaster written all over it.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Yuzuru HANYU (JPN)

Music: Romeo and Juliet by Nino Rota

One piece: black velvet pants, white/grey ombre top with ruffles and sparkle

4S - fall
4T - hand down
3F - e, but nice
StSq
FCCoSp
1A+1T
3A+2T
3Lo
3Lz+1Lo+3S
3Lz
ChSq
FCSSp
CCoSp

Rough skate with mistakes on his big elements. He did manage to salvage the ending, so he'll medal

FS: 78.54+76.86-1.00=154.40, 234.80 and in 1st (out of 8)

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
I've tried to come up with something for four minutes, but there's just nothing nice I can say about Hanyu's costume..

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Rough start for Hanyu but he seemed to pull it together as the program went on. Too many mistakes to overtake ol' 5-Fall Cushion Chan though. I'm kind of meh on both his SP and FS this season.

bramweld

Record Breaker
^^ To be fair he has looked sort of tired the beginning of this season. He has n't really come into form yet I think.

sweetskates1

Medalist
I hate the costume, wish he would go back to the all black ensemble. I hate that ridiculous addition to the program - it sounds awful. And, I feel that the program is so watered down. Jeremy looks leaner but not more fit. It is over, I will stop dreaming as it will never happen for him.

So sad for him and for us. He is perhaps the most gifted skater ever to never be able to medal on the world stage. The fall on the quad I was ok with once he landed that gorgeous triple axel combination, but the pops? And such a beautiful program. My husband, a non-skating fan, found him by far the most interesting.

starryxskies

On the Ice
I feel like Orser is making it more and more obvious he likes Javier better than Yuzuru. He never looks happy in the K&C with Yuzuru.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I hate the costume, wish he would go back to the all black ensemble. I hate that ridiculous addition to the program - it sounds awful. And, I feel that the program is so watered down. Jeremy looks leaner but not more fit. It is over, I will stop dreaming as it will never happen for him.

I hate the costume too. Blah and too clingy in all the wrong places. SweetSkates don't stop dreaming yet!!!

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Rough start for Hanyu but he seemed to pull it together as the program went on. Too many mistakes to overtake ol' 5-Fall Cushion Chan though. I'm kind of meh on both his SP and FS this season.

Really not impressed with him. Sluggish and the definition of lethargy throughout much of that. Turns it on in bits but not consistently. Just too young and callow, IMHO.

starryxskies

On the Ice
I feel like Oda's step sequence could be more powerful given the tempo of the music. I was kinda waiting for it to pick up