Skate Canada 2013-2014 Men's Long Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2013-2014 Men's Long Program

Becki

Medalist
Can you please clarify the zayak rule then? I thought it was a jump can only be repeated if one of them is in combination.

Doesn't that rule only apply for triple jumps? 'cause Machida didn't put a combo for his second 4T last week, and he still got credit for it.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Can you please clarify the zayak rule then? I thought it was a jump can only be repeated if one of them is in combination.

That is true. But that's not zayak. But basically the second jump will be scored as a sequence. So basically the value of at 3T*0.8.

Zayak states you can only repeat two
Quad and triple jumps twice.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Patrick CHAN (CAN)

Music: Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi; Concerto Grosso by Arcangelo Corelli

Light grey/blue wrap shirt with black flower embroidery details. Black pants

4T+3T - solid
4T - wow, again
2A
StSq - very good
FSSp
3Lz+1Lo+2S
3Lz
3Lo - quick step out
3F+2T
CCoSp
1A
ChSq
CCoSp

2 quads, 6 triples, but 3 pops. Not perfect but more than enough for gold

FS: 83.01+90.92 = 173.93, 262.03 and in 1st overall

katymay

Medalist
TES should be low, but Chan is a master of skating skills and footwork...holy cow it is beautiful to watch.

riceplate

On the Ice
Got sloppy towards the end (wth with that combo spin???), but it's not like Chan needed much to win. Don't want to peak too early. Gorgeous quads and skating legs. I like this Vivaldi program.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight

The rule is you can only do two jumps of the same kind twice and the repeat jump must be in combo. Oda did two solo 3T so it automatically count the second one. He did two 3A so he cannot add another 3T into another jump, which will violate the rule. He can also do a 3rd combination, which he left out, leaving 2-3 points behind.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
This competition was pretty meh... Patrick was the only one who skated well and should win easily! It's a shame Oda and Hanyu didn't deliver any better :no:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Patrick Chan is the class of the field once again, and deservedly so! Congratulations, Patrick, on a well deserved victory here! 2013 Skate Canada Champion!!! :yay::yay::yay: Without guts, there is no glory, and Chan was the only one who showed he wanted to win this title! Great for him!!! The other men have A LOT of work to do!