Skate Canada 2013-2014 Men's Long Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2013-2014 Men's Long Program

Becki

Medalist
TES should be low, but Chan is a master of skating skills and footwork...holy cow it is beautiful to watch.

I think his TES were the highest of the night. Some of his landings were kinda sloppy... :/ his quads were beautifully landed.

starryxskies

On the Ice
Patrick must be really confident in his pecs. When was the last time he's covered his cleavage?

His score seems about right... his axels are really not there anymore. Shame.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I found Chan absolutely breathtaking. I watched with my boys and my husband and they were all 3 gasping in awe and admiration. "The arms!" my 14 yr old cried. "He looks like he's dancing on the ground," my 11 year old sighed. What a brilliant, brilliant skater. and the program is great. Innovative, interesting, and exploiting everything that makes skating great- flow, speed, the sensation of flying. I am bowled over!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Patrick basically backed in. He could have crawled on his knees and won yet he was still popping jumps left and right.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Patrick Chan is the class of the field once again, and deservedly so! Congratulations, Patrick, on a well deserved victory here! 2013 Skate Canada Champion!!! :yay::yay::yay: Without guts, there is no glory, and Chan was the only one who showed he wanted to win this title! Great for him!!! The other men have A LOT of work to do!

Agreed!

suzukifan27

Match Penalty
I found Chan absolutely breathtaking. I watched with my boys and my husband and they were all 3 gasping in awe and admiration. "The arms!" my 14 yr old cried. "He looks like he's dancing on the ground," my 11 year old sighed. What a brilliant, brilliant skater. and the program is great. Innovative, interesting, and exploiting everything that makes skating great- flow, speed, the sensation of flying. I am bowled over!
Geez...

LRK

Record Breaker
Patrick must be really confident in his pecs. When was the last time he's covered his cleavage?

His score seems about right... his axels are really not there anymore. Shame.

I was wondering that same thing... has it been a while since he last landed a clean 3A? I believe those have always been his problem jumps? (It's funny, considering he avoided it for so long, that the quad seems to come far more easily to him.)

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
For the first time, I try to focus on the skater and not the inflation.
And, now I understand better why he has so high PCS :) He is truly the king of edges, flow, speed and interpretation.
I'm not necessary agree with thoses high score in the technical aspect, but I can accept thoses high PCS.
Chan is a very unique artist

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
This is the first time Patrick deserved to win Skate Canada.

His previous version of Four Seasons in 2008 was far superior, though.