Ice Dance SD - Cup of China 2013 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance SD - Cup of China 2013

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well, despite claims that either V&M or D&W were at risk, it doesn't look like they are at risk from Bobrova & Soloviev, I've got to say.

However, panel was tough. The TES was low, and teams will probably score higher at their next event, particularly P&B, who had a mostly smooth & interesting routine. But if B&S skate like that, I&K will beat them at Russian Nationals if they are not careful.

Last edited:

riceplate

On the Ice
Bobrova/Soloviev - medicore for me, I like them much more in dance holds, when they skate together, when they are not, I have a feeling they're all over the place and not in sync...
agree, they seemed more out of sync on the twizzles and the nontouch midline in comparison to P/B.

P/B edges them on PCS, So there's hope they don't hold up B/S! :p

bramweld

Record Breaker
Feel bad for the P/B that was such a low blow by the judges. Their program was miles better than the Russians Hopefully they recover for the FD:cry:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
is the panel here more strict ?
W/P got a 70+ in SC was probably too inflated

B/S have mediocre programs
I/K can be Rus No.1 and hopefully upset a medal

riceplate

On the Ice
Protocols out.

OUCH only a Level 1 on the 2nd half of the Finnstep for P/B and many of the judges saw that exit of the last lift as a mistake... - GOE on that element.

To me that lift exit looked choreographed but then I also raised my eyebrows. I am really surprised that Shpilband didn't pick up on the fact that it might count as a fall (and possibly look like something went wrong).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Link to protocols
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpchn2013/gpchn2013_IceDance_SD_Scores.pdf

B&S got level 3 and level2 on the Finnstep. Only one couple at SC scored that low in it.
P&B got level 1 and level 3 on Finnstep. No couple at SC scored that low in it.

Chock & Bates level 4 and level 1
level 3 twizzles, level 2 step

Aldridge & Eaton
level 2 & level 2 on finnstep
level 3 twizzles
level 2 step

Much tougher panel than SC or SA, but I would say more accurate than SC or SA.

Carron and Jones level 2 and level 1 on Finnstep
level 3 twizzles level 2 step

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
To me that lift exit looked choreographed but then I also raised my eyebrows. I am really surprised that Shpilband didn't pick up on the fact that it might count as a fall (and possibly look like something went wrong).

Shpilband let their choreo alone, according to their interview with Icenetwork. The lift is probably something they are proud of.

Me, I would not choreo any steps that involved knees on ice. Ziggy, like you, I think it a big, unnecessary risk.
but I expect it to be fixed by TEB.
:slink: or there to be an easy panel there...

Mao88

Record Breaker
SHORT DANCE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS) - 65.70 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
2. Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT (FRA) - 63.60 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
3. Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES (USA) - 56.77 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
4. Alexandra ALDRIDGE / Daniel EATON (USA) - 52.92 Short Dance
5. Pernelle CARRON / Lloyd JONES (FRA) - 50.20 Short Dance
6. Yiyi ZHANG / Nan WU (CHN)41.79
7. Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG (CHN) - 41.24 Short Dance

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I think they need to work significantly on their SD. Although they finished 2nd at Finlandia to V&M, it was a far distant second, 14 points back. Granted, Finlandia was another hard marking panel. That would be about a 60 in SC or SA type panels. That's concerningly low to me.

Their PCS here was 30.41 - vs. Hubbells at 30.79 at Skate America, Shibs at 30.30. Again, too close for comfort. The 3 teams are nearly in a dead tie, when you take the influence of the differing tech panels out.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Looks like those people predicting Russians working to get b/s dw or vm style pcs and scores can relax! No pcs score over 9 And certainly no 10's like dw or vm get. In fact p/b won pcs narrowly and still look like the preferred number 3 team but a bad lift design and low finstep cost them the lead.