3LoTh - good distance
ChSq
3STh - also very nice
Li
FiDs
Li
Li - one hand and one foot!

Very solid skate, they should be pleased

Score: 62.24+60.71=122.95 (PB), 187.19 (PB), in 1st (out of 6)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM (USA)

Music: Ever After (soundtrack)

Both in dark red/purplish and gold renaissance costumes

3Tw - good height
3FTh
3S - solid!
2A+2T+SEQ - he singles axel
ChSq
BoDs
3LoTh - tilted, very hard fall
PCoSp - travels a bit
Li
FCCoSp - unison off at foot change
Li
Li

Some mistakes (pop, fall) but I think they have good potential. Nice lines, difficult elements, "pairness". Lets hope they stick together even after Sochi.

Score: 49.81+54.92-1=103.73, 161.72 and into 2nd out of 5

Low TES, maybe an element got invalidated

I think they will stick together through the good and bad. They are a romantic couple off the ice. To hear them in interviews, it sounds like they have a good head space in terms of separating on ice drama from their lives off the ice. They call each other their best friend. They are so sweet and cute together. They are battling injuries this season; let's hope they regroup to skate their best at Nationals. I wish them both well! :)

Matilda

Medalist
I think they will stick together through the good and bad. They are a romantic couple off the ice. To hear them in interviews, it sounds like they have a good head space in terms of separating on ice drama from their lives off the ice. They call each other their best friend. They are so sweet and cute together. I wish them both well! :)

I agree. Besides, Chris is definitely not 100% after the surgery, and it shows especially in his jumps and also, I think, in their speed. They will hopefully be back to normal by Nationals. They really are very cute together :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY (GER)

Music: The Nutcracker by Petr I. Tchaikovski

She's in blush lacy dress with draped skirt and handless gloves. He's in black pants, red velvet vest over blush shirt.

3FTh - very big, bit hesitant on free leg
3T+3T+SEQ - ok
BoDs
CCoSp - very good unison
ChSq
3Tw - ok, maybe low catch
2A - he has stepout, she singles
RLi
Li
PCoSp
Li - new position
3ATh - twofooted, fall

Solid skate, though some costly mistakes that will make it hard to beat V/T.

The music is only "Pas de Deux" and the choreography is more conventional for their standards, but I think it has potential

He has a classic wooden "nutcracker" in Kiss & Cry

Score: 64.41+68.73-1.00=132.14, 201.21, in 1st out of 7

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Their costumes are lovely and the program is very nice, IMO. Just wish they would land that 3A, it would be so amazing, right at the end
ANyway, it's useless, since V/T are scoring 77 on pcs and S/S 68

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Qing PANG / Jian TONG (CHN)

Music: Les Misérables incl. I Dreamed a Dream

She's in red dress w/beaded top. He's in black pants, dark blue vest over white shirt.

2A+2A+SEQ - he singles 1st axel
3T - he doubled
3Tw - solid
BoDs
FCCoSp
ChSq
Li
3STh
3LoTh - bit hesitant, touchdown of free foot
Li
Li
PCoSp

Mistakes on sbs jumps are going to cost. Other elements were clean enough

Score: 56.87+67.13=124.00, 194.38, 2nd overall

Their low TES made it not even close

gold12345

Medalist
Lovely program from Pang/Tong and I liked what I saw from S/S. I'm not sure the strategy of having the 3ATh at the very end of the program is smart at all though. Are they even capable of landing it cleanly at that point?

As for the Americans, Scimeca/Knierim have great potential. Hopefully he will get more comfortable with the jumps once he gets more reps in training. He was off the ice for much of the summer, I think.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Savchenko/Szolkowy has now won each of the six current Grand Prix, and also the Final. Congratulations!

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY (GER) - 201.21 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
2. Qing PANG / Jian TONG (CHN) - 194.38 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
3. Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG (CHN) - 187.19 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
4. Xuehan WANG / Lei WANG (CHN) - 172.35 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
5. Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM (USA) - 161.72 Free Skate
6. Felicia ZHANG / Nathan BARTHOLOMAY (USA) - 155.52 Free Skate
7. Anastasia MARTIUSHEVA / Alexei ROGONOV (RUS) - 147.19 Free Skate
8. Daria POPOVA / Bruno MASSOT (FRA) - 141.33 Free Skate

Medal Ceremony

sweetskates1

Medalist
S/S have better programs than V/T but the latter are just so much more effective and crisp. Only a miracle and a marked improvement would allow S/S the OGM.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Really enjoyed W/W here. The lady adds so much to the team:), considering the guy competed with his ex partner for many years, and they were boring and blah. And with Xuehan Wang for less than two years, he is getting much better results and looked like a new person.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Very nice from Wang/Wang! China might dominate Pairs again, starting next year. They have 3 very promising teams.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
I enjoyed Wang/Wang's performances the most!!! Xuehan is a treasure, and she and her partner has great chemistry. I never saw Ei Wang having any expression let alone chemistry with his ex partner. Xuehan is so charming she just light the arena up! I see great future for this pair! Yes, China has a great next cycle in stock now, three even four teams having the potential to do well even great.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
If S/S can nail that Throw 3A the FP is going to be amazing... didn't think I'd like it, but their FP is pretty great. Has a lot of potential. Way better than their SP.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
I agree, if S/S can land the 3A cleanly at the end, that would be a big Bang, and huge boost to the marks. She looks lovely.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I really enjoyed S/S's Free Program. Had the smooth flowy-ness of a good 6.0 pairs program. Loved it and yes, if they nail the throw at the end, it will be quite a punch for a finale.

suzukifan27

Match Penalty
It's criminal that the PCS gap between V/T and S/S is close to 10 in free skate alone! What a farce.