Ladies FS - Cup of China 2013 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - Cup of China 2013

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Congratualtion!! Russian 15year old girl. Anna. I really enjoyed your program! You reminded me that there are a lot of talented babies in Russia.
It would be such a good thing if the lot of talented babies resulted in a few successful grown-ups. I guess atm Julia is their best bet, and that they had certainly hoped for more.

elif

Medalist
Great debut for Anna. 7 triple and no axel. Her PCS raised from short program too. :) She can make Grand Prix Final with that.
Why Sotnikova not doing one 3F and two 3Loop. They have almost same base value. :rolleye:
I still can't believe Kostner lost to Pogorilaya here. I don't know If she can win a Olympic medal with those jumps. She don't have high GOE on her spins too.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Anna is putting together quite a record for consistency & ability to perform under pressure. She medalled at all her junior events last year (I believe her first season internationally in juniors), and has just won her first senior event.

hurrah

Medalist
Anna jumps and skates like an amateur. How about those bent knees.
I can't believe Caro lost to her.

yuki

Final Flight
Great debut for Anna. 7 triple and no axel. Her PCS raised from short program too. :) She can make Grand Prix Final with that.

Anna did complete a 2A, though she stepped out of it. It was her second axel attempt that she missed completely.

bluesky85

On the Ice
Anna jumps and skates like an amateur. How about those bent knees.
I can't believe Caro lost to her.

I am not sure about an amateur, but she jumps and skates a bit like a junior, which is understandable, since she is just out of her junior year and this is her first senior event. But I think she still deserved her win tonight unfortunately since there were no other ladies who did as well as her.

Sara

On the Ice
What a strange competition. It's been almost 3 years since I've seen Carolina with her Bambi face on again. I am gutted. Pressure is back on for her. Terribly. She didn't own the music like she used to do it.
Adelina and her flips again, what's more to say...I sort of expected it.
Anna WOW! Big, big surprise here. But very deserving win

What a terrible competition. Anna deserved to win, she has matured a lot and has strong jumps. I saw her in junior worlds and didn't like her at that time. Is she only 160 cm tall? Looks more like Carolina's height. It is true what you said about Caro, you can see from her face that she is very nervous. I know she usually starts the season slowly but I did not expect to see her skate this badly!! I also don't like either of her programmes too much. Please take Bolero back! I'm glad to hear that the costume she was wearing today is probably a temporary one. I'm quite worried about her chances to make it to the podium in Sochi with these programmes and her hesitant skating. I'm not sure if she will be able to improve enough... Not having a solid triple-triple she has to skate clean in Sochi to medal. What kind of injury did Caro have earlier this season, does anybody know??

I hope Zijun recovers from her injuries soon, whatever happened to her. Poor girl, she was the last out of 10 skaters. And Adelina has to leave at least one of her flips out, it is too risky for her to have two of them.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Anna POGORILAYA (RUS) - 178.62 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
2. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 174.70 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
3. Carolina KOSTNER (ITA) - 173.40 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 165.95 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
5. Nikol GOSVIANI (RUS) - 152.04 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
6. Haruka IMAI (JPN) - 150.30 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
7. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) - 147.64 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
8. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 144.88 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
9. Xiaowen GUO (CHN) - 139.50 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
10. Zijun LI (CHN) - 138.98 Free Skate, 2nd Copy

bekalc

Record Breaker
It would be such a good thing if the lot of talented babies resulted in a few successful grown-ups. I guess atm Julia is their best bet, and that they had certainly hoped for more.

Senior Grand Prix this year 3 events in Russia has 2 two gold medals, and two silver medals by four different girls. I think those are pretty darn good results, and they are far stronger than anyone else has. They also have four girls who made the Junior Grand Prix Final this year.

Their girls are just becoming eligible, now is the time when the Russians can start weeding out the ones who can compete and the ones who can't.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
What a weird event... absolutly nothing compared to SA and SC. But congrats to Anna, very good senior debut and she really deserved the gold here! I'll keep my fingers crossed for her to pull an even bigger upset and make the GPF :)

koatcue said:
Sotnikova is done :thumbsup:
I hope she'll be as bad at Nats so she won't be sent to the Olys.

Not liking a skater is completly fine, but wishing someone ill and being happy they did badly is plain uncalled for and mean. Posts like yours are really unnecessary :disapp:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
BTW, Kostner's costume is hideous.

She looks like Tranny Grandma Cotton Candy.

Whatever that is. I really need to go to bed.

bluesky85

On the Ice
I still can't take the result.... I know it was fair scoring compared to SA or SC, but somehow, I just feel... not so good...

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Senior Grand Prix this year 3 events in Russia has 2 two gold medals, and two silver medals by four different girls. I think those are pretty darn good results, and they are far stronger than anyone else has. They also have four girls who made the Junior Grand Prix Final this year.

Their girls are just becoming eligible, now is the time when the Russians can start weeding out the ones who can compete and the ones who can't.
Maybe I should have added that I was thinking about Sotchi. Anna's first GP win is of course a great step for her, but what are the chances that she can medal at the olympics with a score <180? And how much can she improve until then? Same goes to Adelina and her stability issues, and Tuk is even worse. Do you think the Russians don't bother about Sotchi so much?

bekalc

Record Breaker
I must say I see a ton of potential with Anna. She needs some polishing but she has such nice long limbs. Also those jumps have spring to them. I'm less worried about them surviving than I am about Julia's surviving...

Maybe I should have added that I was thinking about Sotchi. Anna's first GP win is of course a great step for her, but what are the chances that she can medal at the olympics with a score <180? And how much can she improve until then? Same goes to Adelina and her stability issues, and Tuk is even worse. Do you think the Russians don't bother about Sotchi so much?

I expected things to go better in Sochi for them, but that was partly because Kostner was doing nothing harder than a loop, Asada was struggling, and Kim was no where to be seen. However now that Kostner/Asada are improving and Kim is back, I think expecting Olympic medals from girls one season into their Senior season is a bit much....

Sure they care about Sochi, but they have are poised to do very well in ladies in the foreseeable future.