Are Lipnitskaya & Pogorilaya now the favourites to make the Russian Olympic team? | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Are Lipnitskaya & Pogorilaya now the favourites to make the Russian Olympic team?

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Kwan flutzed, Midori lipped, Irina started flutzing in the 2000s so that theory doesn't make much sense.

I think Kwan and Irina occasionally flutzed when they changed the entrance of the lutz, but the ladies now have far more trouble with the take off edges than they did in the past and there has to be some explanation.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I think Kwan and Irina occasionally flutzed when they changed the entrance of the lutz, but the ladies now have far more trouble with the take off edges than they did in the past and there has to be some explanation.

Kwan flutzed her lutz very often. Slutskaya was much better at maintaining the outside edge.

coppertop1

On the Ice
It seems like a lot of the Americans flutzed. But really shouldn't you teach proper technique even before juniors? At novice or pre-novice? I think Joannie flutzed, watching her when she was younger. So her coach retaught her the proper technique, after that she maintained the outside edge on the lutz.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
New article on Julia Lipnitskaya

I really like Julia's attitude at keeping things real and grounded. If all skaters can be this way, this sport would enjoy much better reputation.
For me it doesn't matter who else takes 2nd place for the Russian ladies, Julia is winning by a mile at this point.

lcd

Match Penalty
Could someone remind what the CRITERIA that Russia will use to choose their two women for the games? Is it placement at Nationals solely?

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Could someone remind what the CRITERIA that Russia will use to choose their two women for the games? Is it placement at Nationals solely?

I don't think so because they often use Euros as another data point, as they did last year when they sent Nikol to Euros and Alena to Worlds.