Which Chinese skaters should be sent to Sochi? | Golden Skate

Which Chinese skaters should be sent to Sochi?

suzukifan27

Match Penalty
Peng/Zhang vs. Sui/Han
Nan Song vs. Han Yan

The decision is based on a formula: 30% of skaters' best national scores + 70% of skaters' best international scores.

I vote for Sui/Han and Han Yan. Han Yan is the handsdown #1. Nan Son should never have been sent to the worlds anyway. Peng/Zhang just do not have the charisma. I don't think they'll score as well as Sui/Han by international judges outside China.

Gliding on ice

Rinkside
China only has one spot for Pairs in Sochi?

China has two spots for Pairs in Sochi. Pang/Tong is a lock, since they are the Silver Medalists in Vancouver. Per the selection rule, if a pair (both partners) has achieved #1-3 placement in any previous Olympics, they will automatically qualify. Plus, Pang/Tong is scoring the highest and have the highest scoring potential at this moment.

The other spot is up for grab.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
We'll have to see how they all do in their next outings. Sui & Hang and Peng & Zhang are both competing at NHK. That should settle the international question of ranking. Of course, if P&Z finish 2nd and S&H 3rd, there might be a meeting at the GPF as well..or not.

In fact, P&T could finish behind both D&R and B&L of Russia, which could put them at one silver, one bronze too.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have to say i really enjoy watching Sui/Han skate. She is starting to not look like she's 12 anymore and they are skating more mature programs.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Between Han Yan and Nan Song, it is more apparent it would be Han Yan, unless illness or injury. I think they are even intentionally sent to the same GPs to see how they skate at the same time.

Though their later performance counts, some fans indicate Peng/Zhang is more favorable than Siu/Han, judging by how poorly designed Sui/Han' LP costumes are:laugh:, since their costumes are given by the authorities.

suzukifan27

Match Penalty
We'll have to see how they all do in their next outings. Sui & Hang and Peng & Zhang are both competing at NHK. That should settle the international question of ranking. Of course, if P&Z finish 2nd and S&H 3rd, there might be a meeting at the GPF as well..or not.

In fact, P&T could finish behind both D&R and B&L of Russia, which could put them at one silver, one bronze too.

The formula is based on scores, not rankings. Since Peng & Zhang are Yao's favorites, they can always cheat at domestic competitions in order to 'beat' Sui/Han.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I like the Peng & Zhang team and think they have alot of potential if he can hang in for 4 more years, being 33 at the time of the next Olympics. However Sui & Han right now they are stronger, they have more scoring potential, and get higher PCS from international judges. Unless Bin Yao's influence in China is very strong still I would be surprised if the spot didnt go to Sui & Han.

I am much less sure of Sui & Han's long term potential. Unless she is already done growing I am not sure if they can even stay together long term.