Yuna Kim to Compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb, Croatia, Dec 5-8 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim to Compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb, Croatia, Dec 5-8

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Considering she already pulled out of the GP she is not able to do one of the events now even if she'd be ready for the events. AFAIK Golden Spin is AFTER the GP events, so while she may not be well enough NOW to skate she could be in another MONTH.[/QUOTe

thanks toni, does she need a monster score to make up for being absent from GP? Besides Miki, who will be her competitors? (in name only of course, lol).

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Considering she already pulled out of the GP she is not able to do one of the events now even if she'd be ready for the events. AFAIK Golden Spin is AFTER the GP events, so while she may not be well enough NOW to skate she could be in another MONTH.[/QUOTe

thanks toni, does she need a monster score to make up for being absent from GP?
Besides Miki, who will be her competitors? (in name only of course, lol).

:confused: Why would she?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Lol this thing is so obsessed.

If you are referring to me, you are either challenged by the language or rude...I was teasing cooper who will LOVE her programs as will EVERYONE, AS SHE IS ION THE LIST OF GREATS!!!! HUMOR INTENDED!!!!:laugh:

CarneAsada

Medalist
You're in for a much bigger treat. Miki will do more than that. She will win Golden Spin, take the Japanese National title and then defeat the big three at the Olympics.

Oh yes. And Kim will win Korean nationals. Hae-Jin Kim, that is. With Park and Choi being the others on the podium and Yuna in... 4TH!

On a more realistic note: will Miki's total score be higher than Yuna's FS score?

Nadia01

Final Flight
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THIS WORKS. If one withdraws from 2 gp events and does a senior B is their a minimum score required? Capiche?

She doesn't need any min score. She's the reigning world champion. Do you think the IOC & ISU are going to ask her to sit it out because she missed GP this year due to some minor injury?

A more realistic question would be this: will Miki's total score be higher than Yuna's FS score?

LOL.

But realistically speaking, is Miki going to go? She has a bigger fish to fry in December, namely Nats. If she can't do well at Nats, it's over for her.

Krislite

Medalist
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THIS WORKS. If one withdraws from 2 gp events and does a senior B is their a minimum score required? Capiche?

Not if they already earned the minimum from last season. If you recall, Yuna went to Worlds last year and I heard she got a decent score. ;)

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Ok sorry about it.

Minimum tech scores are valid for two seasons.

OK thank you. There are ISU rules that do apply then, even if one is a WC. I'm very excited to see her programs and unfortunatelt w will only see them twice before Olympics. I wish she could have done the GP doubling her comp. schedule.

CarneAsada

Medalist
LOL.

But realistically speaking, is Miki going to go? She has a bigger fish to fry in December, namely Nats. If she can't do well at Nats, it's over for her.

Perhaps she thinks an extra competition would be useful. Surely the more Lutzes she gets out there, the more the judges at Japanese Nationals will believe in her.

Not if they already earned the minimum from last season. If you recall, Yuna went to Worlds last year and I heard she got a decent score. ;)

What is the minimum TES? 15 and 30? It's not like Yuna has ever been in danger of not making these minimum scores anyway, even if the WC score didn't count.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
If She sticks with dynamic up tempo music, she'll be fine. I hope her sp is a tango type music with fire. I'd like to see her reprise Lark Ascending to see how she has matured. I did love that one. The music suited her so well. I have high expectations and wonder what Wilson will present to the world.

yuki

Final Flight
If She sticks with dynamic up tempo music, she'll be fine. I hope her sp is a tango type music with fire. I'd like to see her reprise Lark Ascending to see how she has matured. I did love that one. The music suited her so well. I have high expectations and wonder what Wilson will present to the world.

Her music choices have already been announced, they are:
SP - Send in the Clowns
LP - Adios Nonino

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Oh, thank you, thought it was still unknown. I like LP choice for her, smart move-not so sure about the SP tho-we'll see.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
What is the minimum TES? 15 and 30? It's not like Yuna has ever been in danger of not making these minimum scores anyway, even if the WC score didn't count.

Minimum Technical Scores for ISU European and ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2014 and Olympic Winter Games 2014:
LADIES SP 20.00 FS 36.00​

(Source: ISU Communication No. 1801, which cites No. 1797)

Nadia01

Final Flight
not really.. im not even a fan of her die fledermaus program nor giselle.. so not everything yuna does i will like it..

Interesting.

I didn't care for Die Fledgermaus or Miss Saigon. Her sophomore season was such a blah for me, and I was so disappointed. But her Danse & Scheherazade made up for it.

thinspread

On the Ice
Interesting.

I didn't care for Die Fledgermaus or Miss Saigon. Her sophomore season was such a blah for me, and I was so disappointed. But her Danse & Scheherazade made up for it.

I liked Die Fledermaus and Miss Saigon, especially the latter, but wasn't a fan of her Scheherazade.

I wonder if her SP to Send in the Clowns will be similar to her Thais Meditation, which is my favorite. Can't guess what her Adios Nonino would look like.

Krislite

Medalist
You guys need to stop this before skateluvr has a heart attack. We Yuna-bots are supposed to regard every Yuna program as the greatest of all time. ;-)