Yuna Kim to Compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb, Croatia, Dec 5-8 | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim to Compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb, Croatia, Dec 5-8

Ophelia

Record Breaker
^But the rest of the season is only a short 2 months...with no competitive polishing...

YunaBliss

On the Ice
I was so happy to see Yuna competing again!

For her Sp, I loved, loved the first half. Her skating skill/spin seems to be improved and she was very fast and smooth on the jumps as usual. For the second half, she struggled bit on the landing on 2A (fully rotated) but she put it together after the mistake. It is indeed her first competition after the injury, and she only had one month to prepare for the competition. I would say, it was very successful comeback!

I have a very high expectation on her, and I am 110% satisfied by the choreo and the music cut. I bet in Sochi, if she's on and clean, this program has a potential to be epic. + I do hope that she can participate one more small or big competition before Sochi.

I just want to thank Yuna for the wonderful performance, once again. It's really good to have her back! :)

Totally agree^^. I just love love love this program.

And I have to say, Miki was awesome, given her circumstances.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes this is just the season debut and not expected to be perfect. She will be even better later in the season and she was already great today! Still I can't help but worry that her focus and intensity seems to be less than last season (could just be erroneous impression I get from far away)... but I think last year she was out to prove her comeback, and maybe that gave her more fire and focus. Now she seems a little distant. Might just be the injury and lack of stamina, that she might be tired.

She wasn't perfect in her debut last season, either. She fell on footwork, I think. I am not a big Yu Na fan, but I liked this program. I took a guess that she would get a 73 and she did!

parma

On the Ice
That was a lovely program. Not in her top form for sure, but still saw a glimpse of quintessential Yuna. The jumps and performance even made the dress look good.

Ven

Match Penalty
I also hope there will be some subtle changes to the choreography and expressions. This SP music has really grown on me, I like it a lot, but I feel like it lends itself to a sadder, nostalgiac interpretation (parting is sweet sorrow)...with bursts of wistfulness.

desertskates

Medalist
Hello, everyone! Long time lurker here making my first post. I was so looking forward to see what YuNa would put out this year after her injury. I loved this program, and I think she just needs a bit more time to grow into it. I do hope she changes that dreadful costume, though. Maybe ombre fade blue would be nice for this?

Ven

Match Penalty
I am not a big Yu Na fan, but I liked this program. I took a guess that she would get a 73 and she did!

Good prediction! I am a huge Yuna admirer, but my personality is the type to be worried and critical early in the year and then hopefully blown away by an immortal performance at the end of the season. :)

Sara

On the Ice
From Yuna Forum http://yunaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4884&st=580

"Double Axel is the easiest jump but I was up in the air in an untimely manner and my body tilted backwards and missed out on landing motions. I was concentrating but perhaps little bit careless at that very moment. I'll make sure I don't repeat the same mistake tomorrow."

"Not only the size of the rink but the ice surface was quite different, so I had difficult time getting used to it. I'll have to double check on this tomorrow."

"I and the designer discussed together the designing process and tried to make a costume that is suitable to the program. But I'll continue to modify if there are any shortcomings."

Personally I love her new SP, the choreo is beautiful. I hope the changes she'll make to the dress will include also changing the colour. Lime/yellow doesn't suit her as well as other colours. I think it would be good for Yuna to participate in one more international competition before Olympics. It's really a pity that she had to skip the GP.

Welcome, desertskates. Another ombre fade blue fan! :rock: (Although I was thinking more for her hair color. ;) )

Finnstep

Final Flight
I was so happy to see Yuna competing again!

For her Sp, I loved, loved the first half. Her skating skill/spin seems to be improved and she was very fast and smooth on the jumps as usual. For the second half, she struggled bit on the landing on 2A (fully rotated) but she put it together after the mistake. It is indeed her first competition after the injury, and she only had one month to prepare for the competition. I would say, it was very successful comeback!

I have a very high expectation on her, and I am 110% satisfied by the choreo and the music cut. I bet in Sochi, if she's on and clean, this program has a potential to be epic. + I do hope that she can participate one more small or big competition before Sochi.

I just want to thank Yuna for the wonderful performance, once again. It's really good to have her back! :)

I agree. :):thumbsup:

ahy

Final Flight
She also said that she is worried abt her stamina for the lp... break a leg yuna :)

thinspread

On the Ice

Thank you! It's a lovely program. Compared to the last season's first outing at NRW, the spins, steps, all look better. Well done, Yuna!

Not sure about the costume, the color. It does look better in video than in photos, and the people present at the arena reported that it was beautiful live.

She seemed a bit tired during the practice today. I hope it's not something outside conditioning or jet lag.

parma

On the Ice
Except for the step-out, technically it was pretty great. I just can't get enough of her silky 3lutz-3toe.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yuna looked a little tired in practices and after today's Sp - or bothered by something. Still she really is awesome. I was also very into Miki's program. Very fitting music. I am not a fan of her's at all but I think it's a lovely program though she needs work on that last spin.

Krislite

Medalist
Yuna admits to worrying about her stamina for the LP, so that's something to consider. I hope she does OK in the second half.

bmelanie

On the Ice
I do think this was not an easy outing for her - reports say the rink was smaller and the ice softer than she was used to, changes that probably caused her to restrain herself a little.
I actually don't mind the dress so much. Obviously the color is unexpected but she makes it work, you really don't see women going for chartreuse very often because it's a tough color to handle, but I think she was going for a sense of nostalgia. It's a nostalgic, loving color.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yuna will need to compete in a couple more competitions if she wants to be ready for Sochi. It would be ill advised if she's not competing again until the Olympics.

RABID

Final Flight
i believe yuna mentioned in her interview after her SP.. there will be changes with this costume..

Although I don't think it is as bad as some here are saying I will agree that her costume is far from her more memorable ones of past years. I immediately thought of Ashley's costume at the 2013 Worlds, which reminded me of a mustard explosion. http://www.goldenskate.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/2013US_SLL.jpg

Anyway, a good performance although the magic isn't quite there yet.