Yuna Kim to Compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb, Croatia, Dec 5-8 | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim to Compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb, Croatia, Dec 5-8

jkaruna

Rinkside
I heard Josiane Lamond, Yuna's former designer who made 2010 costumes, said that she would love to work again with Yuna to design costumes for 2014 Sochi Olympics. If it really happens, I think it'll make so many skating fans happy since there are too many complaints about the costumes. What do you guys think?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I like YuNa's yellow costume just fine. Maybe yellow and clowns go together. They are pretty, appropriate costumes. Given her music, the costumes do not need a particular look. I am not disappointed. I forget the program, but YuNa has a black costume very much like the new one. The sleeves, length, cut out back. Sequins-really, I wondered why she even bothered it is so similar. She looks very sexy in the cut out back and the skirt for the LP. Her hair is very black now. I would just add the red to her hair or maybe a red carnation. If she were blond, there would at least be some dichotomy to make it look more interesting. I love her hair now. Just a touch of red. And Yuna is right, her costumes are fine, she needs to skate and stand up, not fall like in Zagreb-how odd was that for her? Like kwan, she seldom goes down.

Her fans seem to not like the Sp dress, but who cares? Both programs need work to be Olympic caliber. Les Mis was so good, one did not mind the drab grey period type look she was going for. With the horrible costumes on the Russian babies, YuNa is out ahead on costumes by far.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
^^^ I'm not a fan of the yellow dress but it is nowhere near as bad as anything most of the Russian girls are wearing. Julia is the only one with a lovely set of dresses this year. Adelina, Anna, Liza, even my little Elena, all of their dresses are :slink:...

I think the yellow dress washes Yu-Na out; the color does nothing for her. Also the style of it is quite plain and rather ho-hum and boring compared to most of the dresses Yu-Na has worn, and she has had a number of really beautiful dresses. Next to Mao, Carolina, Akiko, Ashley and Julia's SP dresses, Yu-Na's looks really plain and she is anything but that. I really hope she gets a new dress before Sochi.

As for the FS dress, it's not that amazing but the simplicity of it is effective for the program she is skating to. She could do something to make it stand out a little more if she wanted to, but I actually think that dress is fine as is... It's just the SP dress that needs a do over.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
LOl, the yellow SP dress is probably my favorite Yuna dress ever. She looks absolutely stunning and classy in it.

Perfect Program
Perfect Dress

Need her to nail every jump. It will be my favorite SP of all time.

Crystallize

On the Ice
I actually love Yuna's SP dress and prefer it over her LP dress. I think it's different from what she usually wears. And she's very pretty in yellow. :)

I heard Josiane Lamond, Yuna's former designer who made 2010 costumes, said that she would love to work again with Yuna to design costumes for 2014 Sochi Olympics. If it really happens, I think it'll make so many skating fans happy since there are too many complaints about the costumes. What do you guys think?

Is there a reason why Lamond did not work with her this time around to begin with?

cosmos

On the Ice
I actually love Yuna's SP dress and prefer it over her LP dress. I think it's different from what she usually wears. And she's very pretty in yellow. :)

Is there a reason why Lamond did not work with her this time around to begin with?
Probably because YuNa lives in Korea and Lamond lives in Montreal, Canada.