"Where have all the posters gone....." | Golden Skate

"Where have all the posters gone....."

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Has anyone else ever wondered what has become of some of our former posters? I sometimes wonder what has become of Borgy, Obsidian, Jules Asner, Tenorguy, etc. just to name a few. Anyone else, or am I just having a nostolgic moment? 42

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
show 42:

I was wondering what happend to Eltimina. I miss her music posts. I guess
they moved on or lost interest in our banter here at GS.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Show, I PM'd you.

LAD, your email AND your PM are turned off, so I cannot contact you, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I've wondered about Me. Long ago she posted on the old forum. Kind of outspoken but very funny. I tried emailing her several times but never got an answer.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Also, I had asked about Eltamina on another thread and someone said she was posting with a different name. I've never figured it out. I usually took her little sayings at the end and gave them to our choir director. The choir thought they were hilarious. I do miss her.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I'm guessing some posters reregistered under new names.......that's fine, I was just wondering which new posters are actually our old friends from the old site..............42

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Show:

I thought about reregistering with a new name just for fun. It might be neat to be sort of anonymous. However, one would really have to change their writing style! Maybe just give vague comments - not take it so serious.

Some have reregistered under different user names but many of them are gone, and that's sad because there was lively discussion of skating when they were areound, and not just Who has the Best Salchow?

Joe

Joesitz said:
Some have reregistered under different user names but many of them are gone, and that's sad because there was lively discussion of skating when they were areound, and not just Who has the Best Salchow?
Joe
And what are the rest of us? Chopped liver?:p
Rgirl

Joesitz said:
rgirl - Of course not. You are filet mignon.:)
Joe
Aw, thanks, Joe. But what about everybody else? I think we have a five-star gourmet buffet of posters, both old and new. But some of the newer ones have probably just been lurking or posting very little in order to get the feel of GS--as they should, according to the guidelines.

I bet we could get a lot of great skating threads going about all kinds of things besides "Who Has the Best Salchow?" and "Who Has the Worst Flutz?"

In fact, look for a new thread entitled, "Interesting Topics for Threads on 'The Edge.'":)
Rgirl

Maybe she's getting ready to watch the big dog shows. I'll get out my super high pitch whistle;)

Seriously, Doggygirl travels for her job, so she may be on a business trip.
Rgirl

Last edited: