Oldy but goody. Sasha Cohen 2006 Torino. | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Oldy but goody. Sasha Cohen 2006 Torino.

96skiluvr

On the Ice
She had her weaknesses but she was still a special skater. Great lines and positions, great spins and spirals, and felt the music beautiful. Her jumps weren't her strength, but they were impressive in a way too. The quick snappy rotational qualities Dick Button spoke about had an explosiveness and impression to them, when she landed them that is. She may not have a gold title but she was still a memorable skater. How much pleasure a skater gives to viewers isn't all about titles. Think of a team like Totmianina & Marinin who won many titles and deserved them but are not memorable. Sadly I fear Voloszhar & Trankov are going along the same path, unless in the years after Sochi and with the relief of the Olympic Gold behind them they branch out more.

Really? T/M aren't memorable? I'm pretty sure Tatiana would consider 2004 SA to be memorable. I'm also pretty sure that their 2005 world title mere months after she slammed 8ft onto her head is memorable.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
It's been painful for me to watch Sasha's 2006 Olympic LP more than a few times. It's been some years actually since I last watched it. She really was a fighter that night. I do love watching her Olympic SP at those Games. She looked like a champion that night and that's how I prefer to remember her. Her LP really was a thing of beauty after her mistakes though. Heart of a champion. I'm happy the judges rewarded her with an Olympic silver medal. I'll always say it was well-deserved in spite of the early mistakes in the program.

She had her weaknesses but she was still a special skater. Great lines and positions, great spins and spirals, and felt the music beautiful. Her jumps weren't her strength, but they were impressive in a way too. The quick snappy rotational qualities Dick Button spoke about had an explosiveness and impression to them, when she landed them that is. She may not have a gold title but she was still a memorable skater. How much pleasure a skater gives to viewers isn't all about titles. Think of a team like Totmianina & Marinin who won many titles and deserved them but are not memorable. Sadly I fear Voloszhar & Trankov are going along the same path, unless in the years after Sochi and with the relief of the Olympic Gold behind them they branch out more.

I agree about Sasha. Her ankles-down skills weren't great, especially when compared to Michelle, but her other attributes were grand. She always added something special to the music and the performance, and I am glad to be her fan.

efl

Spectator
I agree about Sasha. Her ankles-down skills weren't great, especially when compared to Michelle, but her other attributes were grand. She always added something special to the music and the performance, and I am glad to be her fan.
I miss both Sasha and Michelle. They had beautiful lines and musicality. Nowadays none of the ladies is close to them in these aspects.