Men's Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy

sweetskates1

Medalist
FP is a shadow of what it was before... less intricate with horrible arrangement in second half. It should be reworked.

I think his FS is understated but it's beautiful and it captures the mood of the music brilliantly and I see the purpose of his movements. The SP, I just don't get at all. I see he is moving but I don't get what it's supposed to portray and how it relates to the music and I don't understand what the concept is.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think his FS is understated but it's beautiful and it captures the mood of the music brilliantly and I see the purpose of his movements. The SP, I just don't get at all. I see he is moving but I don't get what it's supposed to portray and how it relates to the music and I don't understand what the concept is.

The last SP I really loved from Jeremy was his A Day in the Life program, which is sort of sad, because that was from the last Olympic season. Though I liked his tango program from the year after.

caitie

Medalist
Really good skate from Voronov. I'm not familiar with him, tbh.

I see he is moving but I don't get what it's supposed to portray and how it relates to the music and I don't understand what the concept is.

Yeah, I'm curious to know what he is going for with the choreography. The part where he's... rolling up his sleeves? or something has taken me by surprise both times.

A.H. Black, it's all your fault. ;) You reminded me that I should be crabby since it's early and I haven't had any sleep and now I am in the 'pick everything apart' mood even more than usual. ;)

Voronov's 'program' puts my complaining about the US boys choreography into perspective I have to say. :p

His 4toe cheated almost 1/4 but I think he's in the clear.

hurrah

Medalist
I think Oda is going to make it to Olympics.... I'm happy for him, but that means Kozu is out....

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Nobunari ODA (JPN)

Music: Cotton Club by John Barry

4T+3T - yes, solid
3A
CCSp
3Lz - looked "e" on replay
FSSp
StSq - lively character, audience clapping along
CCoSp

Clean skate, very good to see him smiling. He should take the lead easily!

SP: 42.20+40.50=82.70, 1st out of 8

Low score... must be low levels?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Oda's soft knees are awesome. It really saved him on that quad and enabled him to finish with the 3T!

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
OMG Oda!! That was amazing with huge smooth jumps and entertaining step sequences! I want Takahashi and Oda to go to Sochi so bad...

I love Adam and really hope he can make and do well at the olympics!!!!

What a delight watching this, with such an enthousiastic audience. Such a difference compared to last week's CoC (though to be fair, the quality of the skating already seems a lot higher, so there is more to be enthousiastic about!). Also, yay for the Japanese knowing how to properly put figure skating on film.

Unfortunately they seem to think it's necessary to show that distracting technical score counter in the upper left corner of the screen. :-(

I'm with you, Hikki and Sweetskates! I adore his skating and him and I am so happy with his improved consistency and confidence this year.

sweetskates1 & wordsworthgir, completely agree!
Winnie_20, it's so nice to see the arena packed full of enthusiastic audience, isn't it!

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I'm not a huge fan of his basic skating, but I do love Oda. What joy and spring, and the jumps were great tonight. Also, I love it that he is a father of 2 and wants to be a schoolteacher one day!

caitie

Medalist
I think Oda is going to make it to Olympics.... I'm happy for him, but that means Kozu is out....

Japan's nationals will be a heartbreaker for sure. They have so many great skaters right now.

Niiiice skate from Oda, I think this is the first quad + triple combination I've seen landed so far this season! Adorable footwork at the end, too. Could do with a bit more musicality throughout, but it was great! A super cute program!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Uh-oh....they are taking their time with the scores...

ETA: Oh no!!! He's behind Adam with 82+ They must've given him some downgrades....:(

hurrah

Medalist
Oda's soft knees are awesome. It really saved him on that quad and enabled him to finish with the 3T!

Yeah, you can see him using his landing knee to accelerate out of his jumps. It's incredible.

82.70?? Oh, dear. Under-rotation on 3t and wrong edge on lutz.