Men's Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy

hurrah

Medalist
Yes! Yes! Landed the quad and axel! He's home free!

It was actually slightly cautious, but everything was clean. Mostly. The cleanest performance he has given recently.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
And I thought it was just me being really crabby and in 'You're all crap!' mode. But yeah I felt the same. Is he ill or something?

Ziggy, I saw what you saw! And I'm not feeling crabby. He seemed really muted and strained to me. even in the kiss and cry. I wonder.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Daisuke TAKAHASHI (JPN)

Music: Sonatino for Violin by Mamoru Samuragochi

4T - yes, very nice! Maybe borderline < on replay
3A - wow, also smooth
CCSp
3Lz+3T
FSSp
StSq - lovely
CCoSp

Beautiful skating :eek:. Nice to see he's still got it!

SP: 50.41+45.14 = 95.55 (PB), in 1st out of 9

samson

Medalist
WOW. I didn't think he had that sort of skate in him right now. So glad to be proven wrong! Skating in front of a home crowd, he might even flirt with the world record here...

I think Chan in London was better but you never know. He had that audience in the palm of his hand.

sweetskates1

Medalist
:clap::love::yay: Dai thank you for making staying up and losing sleep worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OGM contender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shame on us for second guessing his ability!!!!!!!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This is what I don't understand--the federation is not the one judging. So when you say "they" are trying to give room for Takahashi, are you saying the federation is influencing (bribing, whatever you want to call it) the judges?

I'm hoping not, honestly. And if the spin error thing is correct, then I'm more than willing to take back that thought.

I would say more influencing, perhaps. Not any inheritant bribery but just talk.

But all a moot point as Takahashi did well.

hurrah

Medalist
Well, he landed the quad and axel when it mattered. Dai ain't missing the Olympics.