Ladies Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy

hurrah

Medalist
Gracie's SP music still bothers me :bang:

If Gracie were to skate to pretty, feminine music or any kind of music that other top skaters choose (like tango or more classical music) now, the difference between where she is now as a skater and where e.g., Mao and Akiko are at would be too apparent. She'd be labelled a junior skater and it would probably adversely affect her PCS. By skating to quirky music like that that no other skater is going to choose, she doesn't set herself up to be compared with more mature, musical skaters, so it's actually a good plan, I think.

CarneAsada

Medalist
What does "on purpose" mean? That she isn't successful in practice but she still includes it in competitions?:confused: I'm asking because I simply don't get it.

Don't you know? It's the new way Mao Asada is singlehandedly killing the sport. Last year it was because she wasn't attempting the 3A. Now, it is because she is attempting the 3A but not landing it perfectly. How dare she attempt a triple Axel without landing it perfectly. How dare she!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Akiko was way overscored for a 3t-2t combo and a skaky 3f. NHK Trophy is always a joke, with the over scoring for Japanese skaters.

Elena is such a fighter, to come back with that 3lo-3t in the second half of her program.

She is the opposite of Gracie. That music is so awful, and she looked so slow and had no projection to the audience. She had a fluke 2011-12 season where she was consistent with her jumps. Now, she is only a slightly better version of Agnes.

Ok

Mirai is done. The girl cannot rotate her jumps.

Besides Ashley, the US ladies are so disappointing to me this season. They aren't competitive internationally.

Okay so Gracie isn't have a stellar season - yet but she is doing fine. She just isn't at the top - yet. Give her a chance. It is still possible for Mirai to pull it together or have a 2010 oly skate. Of course she could also crumble like feta cheese too.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS (By Starting Order) - Updated

Warm-Up Group 1

1. Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN) Short Program
2. Mirai NAGASU (USA) Short Program
3. Elena RADIONOVA (RUS) Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Elene GEDEVANISHVILI (GEO) Short Program

Warm-Up Group 2

5. Alena LEONOVA (RUS) Short Program
6. Valentina MARCHEI (ITA) Short Program
7. Gracie GOLD (USA) Short Program, 2nd Copy
8. Mao ASADA (JPN) Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
9. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy

RESULT

Overall Result, Segment Result, Protocols

ciocio

On the Ice
Don't you know? It's the new way Mao Asada is singlehandedly killing the sport. Last year it was because she wasn't attempting the 3A. Now, it is because she is attempting the 3A but not landing it perfectly. How dare she attempt a triple Axel without landing it perfectly. How dare she!

Well, RIP Figure Skating!!!:laugh: Mao should skate to Smooth Criminal or something, for the gala.

Icey

Record Breaker
His other top skaters (Denis and Evan) don't have competitions this weekend. It's possible that one of Carroll's junior skaters has but somehow I thought he would be with Gracie in NHK.

I find it strange too. Maybe he is under the weather.

miki88

Medalist
Certain people began a rumor about Mao purposefully practicing landing a double-foot 3A so she could get the base value anyways. It sprung from people's malice and a mistranslation of an article. Don't take them seriously at all :disapp:

Lol that was why she was working hard landing 3A on one foot in practice sessions (confirmed by video clips and also reports from ppl who saw practice sessions).

Icey

Record Breaker
how about playing the replay again, a turnout is not the same as twofooting :rolleye:

The landing wasn't two footed but the toe pick did hit the ice as she swung her free leg around , so I guess there should be some negative goe. Is there a name for that?

Icey

Record Breaker
Has mao done a 3x this season for which she didn't get a negative god?

Why did Elene leave orser? She seemed to be making good progress with him.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I find it strange too. Maybe he is under the weather.

Back before it became official that Frank and Gracie were working together, Dave and Jenny (TSL) mentioned that Frank had other obligations for NHK and that arrangements were already being made for someone else to travel to Japan with Gracie...

Once again goes to show that whether you love or hate TSL, their info has been spot on.

minze

Medalist
Back before it became official that Frank and Gracie were working together, Dave and Jenny (TSL) mentioned that Frank had other obligations for NHK and that arrangements were already being made for someone else to travel to Japan with Gracie...

Once again goes to show that whether you love or hate TSL, their info has been spot on.

Agree they have some good sources.

jaylee

Medalist
Why did Elene leave orser? She seemed to be making good progress with him.

I read somewhere that she wanted to be closer to her family?

Elene made a bit of progress under Orser in the beginning, but she was completely undone by the end of last season. Euros was bad. 2013 Worlds was a disaster for her.

mskater93

Record Breaker
The landing wasn't two footed but the toe pick did hit the ice as she swung her free leg around , so I guess there should be some negative goe. Is there a name for that?
Yes, it's called slightly two footed versus two footed versus heavily two footed

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I think people are being way too harsh on Mao. The 3A is an extremely difficult jump and she's the only woman out there attempting it. So she's not 100% perfect with it. At least (1) she's going for it and (2) rotating it. Slightly 2-footed or not, she's doing it and standing up on it. IMO that's worth something. Give a little credit where it's due...

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
@mirai_nagasu
Aiya~

On to the next one!
:)
5:22 AM - 8 Nov 13
https://twitter.com/mirai_nagasu/status/398802791302299649

Aw! At least Mirai seems to have moved on from the SP disaster and looking forward. I hope she has a better time out in the LP.

Very cute! And both seem to be good sports about the tie! :)

Okay so Gracie isn't have a stellar season - yet but she is doing fine. She just isn't at the top - yet. Give her a chance. It is still possible for Mirai to pull it together or have a 2010 oly skate. Of course she could also crumble like feta cheese too.

I think Gracie's only just begun to warm up. I have this feeling that she's going to surpass Ashley at the Olympics.

As a Mirai fan I will continue to hold out believe in her, I hope that she just had a bad day at the office and will continue to improve from here on, peaking towards Nationals. :biggrin:

jaylee

Medalist

Heh, I'm feeling feisty since it's Friday. :cool: I neither love nor hate TSL--I agree with them sometimes, I disagree with them other times. But the fact that they're accurate on news/rumors that they report has little to do with why they're polarizing. They're polarizing because of their opinions/commentary on skaters/skating. I don't think I've ever seen any outrage over the veracity of the rumors that TSL has reported (though people sometimes feel it's not their place to discuss rumors, such as Gracie's coaching change and why she changed, but again, the issue wasn't on whether or not the rumors were correct). It's their opinions that people get upset about, not the rumors. :p So the fact that they were right about Frank not being able to go to NHK changes nothing for haters and really shouldn't change anything for the, uh, "lovers". TSL could report news/rumors and be less polarizing with their opinions...

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Gracie's PCS is higher than valentina's??! It should've been at least 2-3 points lower for me!! :mad::slink: