Short Dance: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Short Dance: 2013 NHK Trophy

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Whose idea was the little box anyway? I haven't decided if it's helpful or annoying.

My guess is it's a new feature from NHK (the Japanese network). Skating is big in Japan and the network is probably trying to add features that draw viewers. I'm also undecided about it.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
That TES box was there for some other competition, too, I think. I forget which one. But it was taken down after only one session of skating or less. I think it was Skate America, but I don't remember which channel..

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Although the commentary is in Russian (I think), my sense is that these lower ranked skaters are being compared unfavorably with Davis/White... since I can hear their names frequently.

I must say that I agree. There is a real difference in quality between these skaters and the best skaters. Still, they are enjoyable, and some of their highlight moves are quite nice.

caitie

Medalist
You never know, he could be insulting Davis/White! (Just kidding. But I really have no idea!) I've enjoyed the Reeds and this current (Russian?) team, though.

I need more time to decide what I think of the TES box but as of right now it's sort of distracting to me. I appreciate the idea of watching it tick up as points are earned, but since it gets adjusted so much under review it seems kind of confusing/pointless...

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
S/Z look like they can't handle their own speed. That whole performance looked out of control. Great entrance into their lift though.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
fall caught me off guard but him pulling her up like that was hilarious.

caitie

Medalist
fall by victoria, oh no

Yeah. :( Disappointing for them.

I'm ready for the next crop of skaters tho! C/L have such a cute program, I haven't seen I/K yet, and ofc Davis/White! Oh and I forgot the Shibs are skating too, yay!

Sport 2 commentator is hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

'Falling in ice dance. That is something we don't recommend.'

They got 2 penalties. What was the other one for?

Could be interruption in excess (she took a long time to get back into the program) or the lift being too long.

I'd deduct them for fugly costumes which didn't match each other at all. :p It looked like they picked two random pieces of clothing.