Short Dance: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Short Dance: 2013 NHK Trophy

caitie

Medalist
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that samson. IceNetwork?

I thought the Shibs had a good skate.

I/K--his twizzles made me think "there must be medication for that."

I was worried he was gonna lose control on the first one. I actually liked the program though.

Was it just me or did C/L skate that program a lot better at Skate America?

tulosai

Record Breaker
So I really like that they are showing TES in real time but how are they managing it for dance? Levels are so hard to call.

Wobble from LaNotte at the start of the second Finnstep sequence. Might be costly (as it was on a keypoint, I think).

Program is lovely though.

Matt K

On the Ice
Ilinykh/Katsalapov's performance blew everyone else's away before that IMO. They might not have gotten the desired Finnstep points, but their quality is unmatched. PCS should be miles and miles ahead.

samson

Medalist
I thought the choreography for C/L looked much stronger tonight than Skate America. Especially in the tap dancing sections they just looked clearer and sharper. But their feet didn't look like they were under them, bobbles aside.

And just barely ahead of the Shibs.

:laugh: Don't they train in the U.S.? Sure they have some awareness....

They've always trained in Russia. Maybe some Summer camps in the US but that's it.

So I really like that they are showing TES in real time but how are they managing it for dance? Levels are so hard to call.

Levels are called straight away in all disciplines. You only review a handful of 'problem' elements later.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
They've always trained in Russia. Maybe some Summer camps in the US but that's it.

Mozorov is back in Russia, that's right. Sorry, I still think of him being in New Jersey.

tulosai

Record Breaker
To me D/W are IMMENSELY improved since SkAm in this dance. I can honestly see it as an Olympic gold winning short dance now. They have added a LOT of nice touches and once they smooth out the final lift a bit I think it is really going to be a beauty. Awesome.