Short Dance: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Short Dance: 2013 NHK Trophy

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Just a reminder, D/W haven't broken their world record yet. :biggrin:

ETA: And they won't today. 73.70. The tech controller was clearly much stricter than in Skate America.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
To me D/W are IMMENSELY improved since SkAm in this dance. I can honestly see it as an Olympic gold winning short dance now. They have added a LOT of nice touches and once they smooth out the final lift a bit I think it is really going to be a beauty. Awesome.

Tulosai, I agree with you again!

samson

Medalist
IS anyone else having trouble with the Icenetwork feed. I might as well not be watching the skating. : ( This is getting very frustrating.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Just a reminder, D/W haven't broken their world record yet. :biggrin:

ETA: And they won't today. 73.70. The tech controller was clearly much stricter than in Skate America.

They went down 2.0 points from the SA performance. C/L also lost points from SA. Only the Shibs improved their scores. Interesting...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
IS anyone else having trouble with the Icenetwork feed. I might as well not be watching the skating. : ( This is getting very frustrating.

Try clearing out your cache (i.e. viewer history) and then relaunch the browser.

Agree. Their glide and knee action (especially his) on those edges in the step sequence were incredible to watch.

Not just that. Their elegance, the attention to detail in the upper body movement throughout. They have the whole package. Stunning performance.

It's a shame they continue to struggle to hit the levels.

caitie

Medalist
I'll be interested to watch the video of this when it's available. Maybe it's just my feed quality but I thought Charlie made a minor error during the compulsory dance or maybe it was just the choreo looking awkward to me since no one else has mentioned it! The commentators are no help to me since I don't speak Russian, lol.

Anyway a nice skate. I'm disappointed in C/L's skate since I loved it so much at Skate America, they just didn't look as sharp/natural to me as they did there. I really liked IK's new program and am happy for the Shibs.

Try clearing out your cache (i.e. viewer history) and then relaunch the browser.

I second this advice. I always do this before I stream any skating competition, it makes the streams run noticeably better for me.

samson

Medalist
Oh lord leave it to Japan! The people skating on the ice. I can't decide if it's endearing or voidy in its own special way.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
They went down 2.0 points from the SA performance. But both the Shibs and C/L improved their scores. Interesting...

C/L got 36.50 in TES at Skate America. They were six points behind here. Overall their score went down by about five points.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To me D/W are IMMENSELY improved since SkAm in this dance. I can honestly see it as an Olympic gold winning short dance now. They have added a LOT of nice touches and once they smooth out the final lift a bit I think it is really going to be a beauty. Awesome.

Yep. Yep. Yep. I'm interested in seeing the protocols.

If (and it's a big "if") the FD shows this much improvement, I'm not sure how they can be beaten, barring catastrophe.

FWIW, I think I would have scored the Shibs 2nd in this dance, and I'm not a huge fan. I thought they skated that quite well.

apple123

On the Ice

Well, the judges off the home soil certainly don't think so. OGM worthy? Nobody can even tell they are skating to My Fair Lady.

Ice Diva

On the Ice
Agree. Their glide and knee action (especially his) on those edges in the step sequence were incredible to watch.

I third that - just amazing edge quality and they also have good connection and expression.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
C/L got 36.50 in TES at Skate America. They were six points behind here. Overall their score went down by about five points.

LOL--I corrected it when you posted this. Oops for me. LOL. But it does tell you the judging at SA was on the generous side.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
LOL--I corrected it when you posted this. Oops for me. LOL. But it does tell you the judging at SA was on the generous side.

Which is pretty encouraging for the Shibs since their TES and overall score improved. It's clear to me the Shibs were focus on hitting the key points and perhaps sacrificed some speed. I think that proved to be a smart strategy.