Pairs Free Skating: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Pairs Free Skating: 2013 NHK Trophy

tulosai

Record Breaker
Damn! I have never seen Sui/Han bomb like this! They were extremely tense from start to finish, lots of costly mistakes. They must have known they must place 2nd to make the GPF but I wouldn't expect them to get so nervous about it, given they are a much better team than Peng/Zhang. Bizarre!

I don't remember him falling on a 3toe ever.

Damn, damn, damn.

:thumbsup:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Oh no~~ What happened to Siu/Han today!!!
Even at SC, Han looked preoccupied. Something is not right. And also Peng looked down after that pretty decent skate??

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV (RUS)

Music: Jesus Christ Superstar by Andrew Lloyd Webber

3Tw - nice and high
3S - solid, good unison
3T+2T - ditto
BoDs
FCCoSp - unison fine
3LoTh - good height, clean
ChSq
3STh - also good
RLi
PCoSp
Li - lasso
Li - one foot

Steady as a rock, clean as a whistle. They go clean again!
Should take gold by some margin of course. He fistpumps, and they hug, so they're obviously happy.

Score: 76.77+77.69 = 154.46, 236.49, 1st overall

Volosozhar/Trankov - Fantastic elements at the start. A little weak by the end (but they will probably get +2/3s for everything anyway :p). Choreography is terrible, though.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I snark about V/T a lot so I will say a nice thing today- they have hands down the biggest throws I even have or probably will see. Amazing.

Actually furthermore the program is growing on me. I find myself wondering if she is supposed to represent Mary Magdalene. Either way, obviously, excellent performance, and much improved since when I first saw it for sure. Kudos to them.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Nice trolling. Wonder whose fan you are.
Trolling?! :( I was following in the line of our witty comments about the age difference on the previous pair (the Beauty and the Beast joke etc) and I thought I was being light-hearted and humorous. I LIKE this pair a lot! and I like them BETTER than the previous pair. I was referring to the fact that when they finished they didn't look at or speak to each other. When I first watched this pair, I thought they were juniors and in their early teens. I'm sorry if I upset anyone. I actually like their skating generally very much indeed. and I am not an ardent fan of any pair team, although I do find V and T quite astonishing.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Trolling?! :( I was following in the line of our witty comments about the age difference on the previous pair (the Beauty and the Beast joke etc) and I thought I was being light-hearted and humorous. I LIKE this pair a lot! and I like them BETTER than the previous pair. I was referring to the fact that when they finished they didn't look at or speak to each other. When I first watched this pair, I thought they were juniors and in their early teens. I'm sorry if I upset anyone. I actually like their skating generally very much indeed. and I am not an ardent fan of any pair team, although I do find V and T quite astonishing.

Don't mind apple123. We know you are not a troll.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Volosozhar/Trankov - Fantastic elements at the start. A little weaker by the end (but they will probably get +2/3s for everything anyway :p). Choreography is terrible, though.
Is it really the choreography? I'd say it is rather the unfavourable choice and cut of music.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Volosozhar/Trankov - Fantastic elements at the start. A little weak by the end (but they will probably get +2/3s for everything anyway :p). Choreography is terrible, though.

What choreography?

Spectacular elements though.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Oh no~~ What happened to Siu/Han today!!!
Even at SC, Han looked preoccupied. Something is not right. And also Peng looked down after that pretty decent skate??

I agree, something is not right. She seemed absolutely livid with him. Brushed past him when they got off the ice and wouldn't look at him.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I snark about V/T a lot so I will say a nice thing today- they have hands down the biggest throws I even have or probably will see. Amazing.

Actually furthermore the program is growing on me. I find myself wondering if she is supposed to represent Mary Magdalene. Either way, obviously, excellent performance, and much improved since when I first saw it for sure. Kudos to them.

I agree with you completely. I liked the program a lot better this time. and their throws are just astonishing!

apple123

On the Ice

Let's just say your sense of humour came off as awkward and a bit mean to me.

Icey

Record Breaker
I'd say the aspect ratio is a bit off?

Thank you. Most of the skaters look so thick, especially around the waist. I was thinking not all of them could all of a sudden put on weight. And the men during the short----many looked like they had had butt transplants. lol

Is it really the choreography? I'd say it is rather the unfavourable choice and cut of music.

It's just a very basic program. Great basics, great elements (for the most part), not much more.

Also, the prolonged posing (which we've seen in all of their FS so far) is just a blatant 'let's take a break in the middle of our program.'