Pairs Free Skating: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Pairs Free Skating: 2013 NHK Trophy

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Let's just say your sense of humour came off as awkward and a bit mean to me.

So sorry if I offended. I think others who know me on this board would agree that I am almost never crabby/snarky/mean. I also think that if you read my comment about them in context of all the previous comments it would make more sense. I do honestly want to know how old they are- they look so young. and I don't know what is mean about saying they look young. or pointing out that they were angry with each other.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
So sorry if I offended. I think others who know me on this board would agree that I am almost never crabby/snarky/mean. I also think that if you read my comment about them in context of all the previous comments it would make more sense. I do honestly want to know how old they are- they look so young. and I don't know what is mean about saying they look young. or pointing out that they were angry with each other.

I think you came off as quite funny following in the Beauty and the Beast remarks and some people just need to lighten up a little. :biggrin:

Jesus and Mary Magdalene were in a league of their own. :rock: Congrats Tatiana and Maxim! :clap:

Icey

Record Breaker
Words, I thought she was Mary Magdalene too, but if she is, they need to harlot her up some. I think more could have been done with the costuming. The skates could be made to have a sandal look and why is he wearing pants al all?

Personally, I felt this was a passionless performance except at the end when they were justifiably so pleased with themselves.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
It's just a very basic program. Great basics, great elements (for the most part), not much more.

Also, the prolonged posing (which we've seen in all of their FS so far) is just a blatant 'let's take a break in the middle of our program.'
JCS is written in such an in-your-face style of music, very 70's extrovert. And then this cut is so confused, I can't even imagine how a good and fitting choreo would look like.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I must say that their technical brilliance and any artistic issues aside, V and T just seem like really nice people. They are gracious, appreciative, friendly, and lovely to the other skaters, the fans, and each other. I am really liking them more and more. She especially seems like a total sweetheart.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I think you came off as quite funny following in the Beauty and the Beast remarks and some people just need to lighten up a little. :biggrin:

Jesus and Mary Magdalene were in a league of their own. :rock: Congrats Tatiana and Maxim! :clap:

Thank you Sasha's Spins! :) I appreciate your kind words so much!
and I agree with you about Jesus and Mary Magdalene- amazing!

apple123

On the Ice
I must say that their technical brilliance and any artistic issues aside, V and T just seem like really nice people. They are gracious, appreciative, friendly, and lovely to the other skaters, the fans, and each other. I am really liking them more and more. She especially seems like a total sweetheart.

Haha, now this is a proper joke. T is a total Diva. Niceness has nothing to do with him.

Ice Diva

On the Ice
Shui/Han a hot mess - such UGLY body positions - I prefer the other Chinese pair who have more attractive lines. Bravo Tatiana and Maxim - I can go to bed happy after watching their exquisite program. Their skating is at a completely different level than the rest of this field.

Icey

Record Breaker
too many of the pairs seemed to have too much distance between themselves during the sbs elements.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
What a disaster for Sui/Han. I guess the pressure was just too much.
V/T got 15 10s in PCS! Game over for S/S and P/T.

marcolee925

Rinkside
Damn! I have never seen Sui/Han bomb like this! They were extremely tense from start to finish, lots of costly mistakes. They must have known they must place 2nd to make the GPF but I wouldn't expect them to get so nervous about it, given they are a much better team than Peng/Zhang. Bizarre!

I don't remember him falling on a 3toe ever.

Damn, damn, damn.

That was their most horrible skate. The pressure got to them.

Good news is both teams have a silver and a bronze (24 points) and Sui & Han break the tie with a 193 total. Both teams come out ahead of the Italians.

Besides V&T who now have officially made GPF, it looks like the most likely contenders for GPF are the Germans, P&T and the two Canadian teams. That leaves Sui & Han as the 6th team to qualify for the GPF UNLESS Denney & Coughlin wins in France (ahead of Pang & Tong and Duhamel & Radford) or Stolboa & Klimov wins silver or above (ahead of the Germans or MT&T) in Russia.

apple123

On the Ice
Shui/Han a hot mess - such UGLY body positions - I prefer the other Chinese pair who have more attractive lines. Bravo Tatiana and Maxim - I can go to bed happy after watching their exquisite program. Their skating is at a completely different level than the rest of this field.

Maxim, is that you?

flaneur

On the Ice
Sui/han had a really rough skate. If looks could kill the ones she was throwing his way would definitely do harm. Hope all is alright with him (there was no chance that last lift was ever getting up).

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Sui/han had a really rough skate. If looks could kill the ones she was throwing his way would definitely do harm. Hope all is alright with him (there was no chance that last lift was ever getting up).

Oh my gosh, that look was LETHAL! That's what I was referring to all along.

macy

Record Breaker
V and T were sensational :) i thought that was better than skate america even though it was a slightly lower score.

words, seeing them live at SA and watching their interview they too seemed very gracious towards everyone.