Men's Free Skate: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men's Free Skate: 2013 NHK Trophy

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Go Rippon, Oda and Takahashi!!!
I'm accessing my folk's TV in Japan via the internet (thank you Slingbox!), and the broadcaster NHK did fluff pieces of Nobunari and Daisuke showing their competition history. I'm in tears... So sad to think this will be their last season!

Oops Takahashi fell on the quad just now in the warmup.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
You're so right, Mrs. P. Better he make a few little mistakes here and then by Nationals do all the jumps clean except the quad and then at Olympics all the jumps clean INCLUDING the quad and win an Olympic medal!

I personally think he doesn't need the quad. Switch the 4T with a 3Z or a 3F. He will get a lot more points that way.

Actually, I'd love it if he brought back his 3Z-3T-2T combo that he did in the second half of his FS in 2010. Or he can turn that 3A-3T into a 3A-3T-2T. That is a big point getter.

samson

Medalist
^ That is interesting. I forget that internationally he never has broken 160. I would argue though that he was lowballed in Choreography and in Interpretation.

However, what a great comeback for him from a his last two performances.

OK this next group of men is going to be VERY interesting. I could really see all 5 men going one extreme or the other.

auser

Record Breaker
ISU has really went overboard with the value of quads, IMO.
Thank you Ziggy, I have harbored this thought too, but thought maybe my tastes were just romanticism of artistry over athletic progress.

flaneur

On the Ice
I like Oda's new fs costume. Much more appropriate to William Tell than his previous one

Becki

Medalist
I personally think he doesn't need the quad. Switch the 4T with a 3Z or a 3F. He will get a lot more points that way.

Actually, I'd love it if he brought back his 3Z-3T-2T combo that he did in the second half of his FS in 2010. Or he can turn that 3A-3T into a 3A-3T-2T. That is a big point getter.

I think Jeremy should just ditch the quad, and focus on his triples. He'll do pretty well with just triples. I feel like the quad really knocks the wind out of him. For example, at SC, he landed the quad in his SP and failed to land his other planned jumps.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist

Email his coaches and tell them this! I didn't know that last combo you mentioned was such a big point getter.

ranjake

Final Flight
I can't watch any of it now as I'm on a stupid Wii u, so thank you all especially much for your updates. Can't stop smiling about Jeremy :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think Jeremy should just ditch the quad, and focus on his triples. He'll do pretty well with just triples. I feel like the quad really knocks the wind out of him. For example, at SC, he landed the quad in his SP and failed to land his other planned jumps.

I agree. I feel like its a peer pressure thing for him. I think he wants to be competitive with the top guys and they're all doing quads. They include guys he once beat.

I really feel his team has not been the great strategist with COP. I love Yuka Sato and Jason Dungen, but COP masters they are not. I still can't get over teh fact they didn't realize one of his spins was worth ZERO points until the morning of nationals last year!

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Is it me, or is he two-footing lots of his jumps?? and this music is making me feel like I'm being beaten over the head.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Takahito MURA (JPN)

Music: Shogun

4T - twofooted
3Lz+3T
3A - hung on
CCSp
3Lo
3A+2T
StSq
3S+2T
CCoSp
2Lz<<
3F - e, twofooted, turnout
FSSp
ChSt

Quite some messy landings, but still much better than at SC

Score: 72.75+74.50=147.25 (SB), 227.22 (SB), 2nd out of 5

Becki

Medalist
Is Mura planning a quad as one of his last elements?

Edit: Nvm, my stream was behind schedule lol

Mura has made more effort presenting the program than at SC. He's still really wooden and lacks performance skills but well at least he tried I guess. :p

samson

Medalist
Hmmmmm we'll see. He might be dropping down too. I would suspect he could stay ahead of Max and Menshov, but Jeremy might just pull ahead.