2013 NHK Trophy Gala | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2013 NHK Trophy Gala

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
Did anyone see the interviews before the gala? They were very cute and funny. Meryl wants Charlie to be a puppy and Dai wants to be Meryl's partner.:laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker

How adorable is that Charlie chose a puppy and Meryl said she wanted Charlie to be her puppy?!

Thx, Candy clouds.

LOL, I sometimes have wondered whether White started dating Belbin b/c what he really wanted is to get close to her doggie. ;) Just kidding, but his attachment to DJ is very obvious (and endearing) from all the photos he tweets of and/or with man's best friend. White's eyeglasses in this interview remind me of an old photo of DJ wearing them. (Sorry, I don't have a link handy, but trust me, both the idea of White amusing himself that way and the bespectacled DJ herself were pretty darn cute.)

And Davis' love of dogs also is well-documented. :)

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Thx, Candy clouds.

LOL, I sometimes have wondered whether White started dating Belbin b/c what he really wanted is to get close to her doggie. ;) Just kidding, but his attachment to DJ is very obvious (and endearing) from all the photos he tweets of and/or with man's best friend. White's eyeglasses in this interview remind me of an old photo of DJ wearing them. (Sorry, I don't have a link handy, but trust me, both the idea of White amusing himself that way and the bespectacled DJ herself were pretty darn cute.)

And Davis' love of dogs also is well-documented. :)

I didn't know this about DJ- how cute and funny! Charlie is really such a lovely, unaffected, endearing guy.

Thanks for sharing, Golden411!

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
The lovely DJ is female. That is partly why I am amused by my own silly joke that she is the one who stole White's heart before Belbin herself did. ;)

AH-HA! I love your joke! :) I wonder if DJ is a havanese- looks a bit like one. We are thinking of getting a havanese because they're hypoallergenic.

Tanith and Charlie are a sweet couple!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Still no video of the finale??
:(

I don't think either of the channels we normally use showed the finale in its entirity.

The Спорт 2 video of the ENTIRE gala that I found cut away just after the Pairs teams came on, when Volosozhar/Trankov were on shot, about to do something.

Whether that was the end of the Спорт 2 coverage, or just the end of the recording made by our friend in Lithuania, I am not sure.

Eurosport only showed a bit towards the end, from when the cast were gathering in the centre up to the start of their lap of honour.

So, unless somebody uploads the NHK coverage, I don't think we're going to see the whole of the finale. :disapp:

Fingers crossed the NHK coverage appears...

CaroLiza_fan

Matilda

Medalist
The video cracks me up every time. In the tweet where Charlie posted it he said Tanith was involved in the production as well :p Tanith and Charlie are an adorable couple.

No idea what kind of dog she is, but she is really cute. I remember someone saying that she charmed everyone backstage at the Nationals in Omaha :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I don't think either of the channels we normally use showed the finale in its entirity.

The Спорт 2 video of the ENTIRE gala that I found cut away just after the Pairs teams came on, when Volosozhar/Trankov were on shot, about to do something.

Whether that was the end of the Спорт 2 coverage, or just the end of the recording made by our friend in Lithuania, I am not sure.

Eurosport only showed a bit towards the end, from when the cast were gathering in the centre up to the start of their lap of honour.

So, unless somebody uploads the NHK coverage, I don't think we're going to see the whole of the finale. :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

I get NHK overseas on my cable. They did not show the finale. Instead they showed interviews.

In fact, that made some very odd choices about chacking skaters in the Gala:

They showed all the Japanese competitors
Reeds
Takahashi & Kihara
Mura
Oda
Daisuke Takahashi
Mao
Akiko
but then all they showed:
Javier Fernandez (5th in men's)
Gracie Gold (4th in women's)
Davis & White

They chacked all the pairs, including world champions Volosozhar & Trankov :eek: and Radionova and Jeremy Abbott, the Shibutanis, and Cappellini & LaNotte!
They showed the opening, but no finale.

I have no idea whether NHK in Japan showed a different selection of stuff, but I rather doubt it.

Candy clouds

Rinkside

CaroLiza_fan

Thank you for responding. Aww I knew I should have stayed up until 4! Oh well. Maybe the Russian brodcast will upload it somewhere. Fingers crossed!
I get NHK overseas on my cable. They did not show the finale. Instead they showed interviews.

In fact, that made some very odd choices about chacking skaters in the Gala:

They showed all the Japanese competitors
Reeds
Takahashi & Kihara
Mura
Oda
Daisuke Takahashi
Mao
Akiko
but then all they showed:
Javier Fernandez (5th in men's)
Gracie Gold (4th in women's)
Davis & White

They chacked all the pairs, including world champions Volosozhar & Trankov :eek: and Radionova and Jeremy Abbott, the Shibutanis, and Cappellini & LaNotte!
They showed the opening, but no finale.

I have no idea whether NHK in Japan showed a different selection of stuff, but I rather doubt it.

I thought I saw Radio and the Shibs..and Mirai