Everything is broken! | Golden Skate

Everything is broken!

eliza88

On the Ice
Did you ever have a month/week where absolutely everything was broken?

Early January we needed a new hot water heater (plus the additional cost of getting upgraded due to new codes), then my husbands car died on the way to work (tow/mechanics bill), then not just one but possibly both of out VCR's are broken, then one of my cats needed to be hospitalized for several days (urinary problem that can be fixed by a special diet), and then last night our DVD player went wonky! It's to a point where it is almost comical!

On a positive note, I am having a great hair day!

eliza88

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Eliza, hang in there. Shakespeare said, "Sorrows come not as single arrows, but as batallions" (or something like that).....sounds like everything is fixable or replaceable..........but I know it's frustrating............42

When sorrows come, they come not single spies, but in battalions (Hamlet, IV:5 :laugh: ) Chin up, Eliza, you might be suffering the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune now, but soon the winter of your discontent will change to glorious summer!

MM ;)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thanks Mathman............I knew that quote was full of cobwebs, but gave it a try anyway..........:) 42

megsk8z

On the Ice
I hope you're having a better day, Eliza88. I am having a bad hair life, so that's one thing you've got going for you.

I sympathize with your hot water heater completely. Ours went out a couple of years ago--------the same day I'd won $261 in Mystery Pot at bowling. The hot water heater cost $265 to replace.

(*long sigh*)

eliza88

On the Ice
I do love Golden Skate! Where else do you get sympathy and fab Shakespeare quotes??!

Mathman--since I am in Seattle "When it rains it pours!" is the saying that keeps going through my head!

Everything is replaceable and fixable--really just as long as my cat stays healthy I don't care how many DVD/VCR players I have to buy!!

Megsk8z--the evening our hot water heater broke (of course it WAS an evening and snow/ice on the ground) my husband had come home with a check for over $1,000 (from his medical flex cash fund) and we were thinking great, here's almost half of the money we needed for the kids Summer camp and then the new water heater sucked it almost all away...thems the breaks!

eliza88

GoldenLady

On the Ice
eliza88 said:
Everything is replaceable and fixable--really just as long as my cat stays healthy I don't care how many DVD/VCR players I have to buy!!

That is EXACTLY what I say when I'm going through one of those "everything is broken" stages (or when something is wrong with my car, and it's going to cost big $$$ to fix it). Well, not exactly, because in my case it's my dogs.... but it's the same idea. As long as they're healthy, I'll take my lumps everywhere else. :)

Hope things look up for you soon.

SusanBeth

Final Flight
I've been there. I've even had to take arms against a sea of troubles by learning to use a plumber's snake. Now, I just expect that as soon as something is fixed something else will break.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
eliza88:

You have my sympathy! Last month some crazed person crashed into my car while it was parked in my apt. parking spot and did $1400 worth of damage! I had just got it back from the repair shop because someone tried to "jimmy" the drivers door open one night. Plus in between all of this I had to have new brakes installed all the way around!!

Last month my cable went off for a full week and I could not access the internet either. It took about 100 phone calls to my cable company and threatening to find a new outfit before they fixed it.

My job ended and I am back to working just on call.

The only bright thing that has happened lately is my noisy neighbours finally got evicted and are moving out at the end of Jan.!

Sounds like you have had a rough time. Try to keep positive. It will all turn around.

:D

Seonaid920

On the Ice
I broke every single glass in my house in about a month's time. It was weird, I just kept dropping them in the sink, knocking them over on the table until finally they were all gone. Now I'm drinking out of coffee cups!! :D

Pookie

Final Flight
It sounds like some days/weeks/months I've had. :laugh:

Things will get better. I would love to have a good hair day. At least you've got that. ;)

JOHIO2

Medalist
Eliza,

Boy, do you have my sympathy! Expensive problems always seem to come together. Roseanne RosannaDanna, aka Gilda Radner, would say, "It's always sumthin."

Even when the money thing isn't a problem, it seems you can't get a break from the exasperation and stress factors. Wish the end of the month signals a truce with fate!

Who cares what that damn rodent sees next week -- I am truly fed up with winter. I want it to at least ease up on us. Even normal winter would be welcome! I find myself shut in at home because I don't want to take any chances with my precarious health. So here I sit at home, alternating between depression and anger while wind chills are subzero. Cabin fever is alive and well in Cleveland. Death be to cabin fever! I can dream, can't I?

Aside to Lad, let us know when the neighbors from hell are actually gone. Getting evicted and actually being GONE are two different things. People who ignore the rights of others are more likely to need actual law enforcement personnel to be ousted. Hope they don't. Let us know and we will have an eviction party!