Are I/K done after falling again? | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Are I/K done after falling again?

gmyers

Record Breaker
I don't hate I/K and don't wish them ill. I think they are tremendously talented and it's sad that they have such an unpredictable performance record. Does Elena maybe have attention deficit disorder?

Something must be a problem! Maybe she or he does have ADHD! Why is this couple totally unable to gather any momentum and maintain any improvement at all? What is their problem? This is something bizarre and baffling and why are they so unable to do well? Do they actually hate each other? Do they only practice once a week? Do they practice most of the week but only for an hour? Why did they have this horrible embarassing result?

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Do they only practice once a week? Do they practice most of the week but only for an hour? Why did they have this horrible embarassing result?

I know for a fact that they practice while being tied to a donkey. Do you think that's a possible explanation for the horrible, embarrassing result (EC Silver, 1.1points from EC Gold)? Your meds, gmyers. Don't forget your meds.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I know for a fact that they practice while being tied to a donkey. Do you think that's a possible explanation for the horrible, embarrassing result (EC Silver, 1.1points from EC Gold)? Your meds, gmyers. Don't forget your meds.

1.1 against c/l not b/s or p/b but c/l! Make your stupid jokes all you want but to act like this is a respectable result is dumb and ignorant.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The actual result wasn't all that bad. They did score 100.97, and they won on PCS.

The bad thing was they lost by 1.01 points. If Elena hadn't fallen, they would have won the FD and the competition, because she fell on the twizzle (-1.00 for the fall) and got only L3 on that element, which cost them 2 points and GOE. They would have won by 2.5-3.5 points overall. Nikita saw that and that's when he got mad.

gmyers

Record Breaker
The actual result wasn't all that bad. They did score 100.97, and they won on PCS.

The bad thing was they lost by 1.01 points. If Elena hadn't fallen, they would have won the FD and the competition, because she fell on the twizzle (-1.00 for the fall) and got only L3 on that element, which cost them 2 points and GOE. They would have won by 2.5-3.5 points overall. Nikita saw that and that's when he got mad.

You can point to one or two mistakes that cost them a place or two at many many competitons now. They are not a team where a part of their skating is always continuously awful. Except when every fd was ghost - but they almost always find that one disaster that ruins them! At a certain point it's not just bad luck and looking over protocols to see how many things went well but realizing that something in the team is toxic and causes continuous failure. Just imagine if p/b and b/s were here.

Srin Odessa

On the Ice

Actually, they could have won even after that fall on the twizzles. They just needed to hit level 3 for their diagonal in hold step sequence. I guess no one can 'snatch defeat from the jaws of victory' like these two.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I and K have a lot of mental and technical issues. Some say work ethic; some blame Elena and bad coaching choices etc. but to say they should essentially give up, are finished, should almost kill themselves or whatever is ridiculous. They have talent that sadly has not fully been developed for whatever reason but they aren't all that horrific. What I don't understand why almost hatred towards them yet such love to a skater like Alyssa or Mirai who have had their problems (on the ice) like i and K? I and K have never melted down as much of neither Alyssa or Mirai or even kostner (though they hav enot done as well as Kostner either). I would love I and K to skate to their potential sadly I think they could have won oly bronze or challenged D and W had they matured to their full potential - maybe they are late bloomers?

Mirunna

Record Breaker

When did he get mad? He was very suportive, even in the K&C after they saw the results he hugged her.
This thread is getting absurd.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I and K have a lot of mental and technical issues. Some say work ethic; some blame Elena and bad coaching choices etc. but to say they should essentially give up, are finished, should almost kill themselves or whatever is ridiculous. They have talent that sadly has not fully been developed for whatever reason but they aren't all that horrific. What I don't understand why almost hatred towards them yet such love to a skater like Alyssa or Mirai who have had their problems (on the ice) like i and K? I and K have never melted down as much of neither Alyssa or Mirai or even kostner (though they hav enot done as well as Kostner either). I would love I and K to skate to their potential sadly I think they could have won oly bronze or challenged D and W had they matured to their full potential - maybe they are late bloomers?

Fear. Envy. You see they sense how good I/K can become if they don't give up. Let them hate that's what haters do. As for gmyers I hope you enjoy your 30 pieces of silver because its sweetness will soon enough turn to bitterness. It is totally embarrassing and shameful to read your posts.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Because at this point I/k mean nothing but failure and embarrassment and ghost fd.

Actually, you're the embarrassment. And you're absolutely delusional the way you defend yourself when called out for being a malicious hater. You just said they're "nothing but a failure". What's the matter with you?

I bet if they hadn't made the error and won, you'd still spew crap like "Oh well it's not a real victory because B/S and P/B weren't there."

And way to attempt to trivialize C/L too. FYI, that "older team" that beat them was 4th at last year's Worlds. V/T and S/S are "older teams", so should all the younger teams be ashamed at losing to them?

Meryl and Charlie are 27 and 26, Luca and Anna are 28 and 26. Should younger ice dance teams be ashamed if they lose to Davis/White at the Olympics?

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Just watched I/K long program yesterday. The Eurosport guys loved it and I was scratching my head! I have liked these two in the past but did not like this program. It was all due to her. She looked tight, with splayed fingers and immovable shoulders. All I could think of was how fluid and light Meryl has become as a ballerina on ice and how much E. suffers in comparison. Don't like Bob/Sol so now must go check out the next ranked team.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When did he get mad? He was very suportive, even in the K&C after they saw the results he hugged her.
This thread is getting absurd.

He hugged her, yes, but his face was tight. Elena is a very emotional young woman and apparently needs to be constantly reassured when things go wrong as they so often do. Kudos to Nikita for being a supportive partner but sometimes you begin to feel his frustration.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
He hugged her, yes, but his face was tight. Elena is a very emotional young woman and apparently needs to be constantly reassured when things go wrong as they so often do. Kudos to Nikita for being a supportive partner but sometimes you begin to feel his frustration.

I thought Nikita was extremely supportive, especially when Ilinykh could no longer hold back the tears. Obviously the frustration showed, but it's not like he pulled a Barbara Fusar-Poli death stare on her.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Just watched I/K long program yesterday. The Eurosport guys loved it and I was scratching my head! I have liked these two in the past but did not like this program. It was all due to her. She looked tight, with splayed fingers and immovable shoulders. All I could think of was how fluid and light Meryl has become as a ballerina on ice and how much E. suffers in comparison. Don't like Bob/Sol so now must go check out the next ranked team.

Beauty my dear Scrufflet is in the eyes of the beholder. Meryl I've yet to really enjoy but Lena, but more importantly Lena with Nikita create magic. They balance each other. She seems very business like, while elegant and sophisticated and he full of melancholy even laid back, very soft almost feminine. To me it is marvelous that they've learnt how to not only work with each other but obviously also care about each other a lot.

bramweld

Record Breaker
chuckm, please, more often than not the roles are reversed where mistakes are concerned. Nikita is nowhere near as technically stable as Lena, especially with respect to twizzles. As Nikita also mentioned in an interview afterwards, because Lena was trying so hard to match him while he was struggling, maybe HE threw her off. This was also mentioned by the British commentators.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
IMO, I/K were gifted on GOE on the twizzles with mainly -2's, considering the second twizzle unison was way off and she fell on the third twizzle. I can't believe one judge gave them a -1!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mods, can we please change the name of this thread? 1.) I'd rather have the thread reference their future prospects rather than something ominous like being "done forever." 2.) While I know the Shibutanis are not everyone's cup of tea is it really necessary to put their name in their mud too?

Maybe call it "What's ahead for I/K (spelled out of course)" or my go-to "I/K's future prospects"

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
chuckm, please, more often than not the roles are reversed where mistakes are concerned. Nikita is nowhere near as technically stable as Lena, especially with respect to twizzles. As Nikita also mentioned in an interview afterwards, because Lena was trying so hard to match him while he was struggling, maybe HE threw her off. This was also mentioned by the British commentators.

this is correct, Nikita is more prone to erros than Elena
you can see in her eye contact she was indeed watching Nikita and she got off balance and fell

gmyers

Record Breaker
Actually, you're the embarrassment. And you're absolutely delusional the way you defend yourself when called out for being a malicious hater. You just said they're "nothing but a failure". What's the matter with you?

I bet if they hadn't made the error and won, you'd still spew crap like "Oh well it's not a real victory because B/S and P/B weren't there."

And way to attempt to trivialize C/L too. FYI, that "older team" that beat them was 4th at last year's Worlds. V/T and S/S are "older teams", so should all the younger teams be ashamed at losing to them?

Meryl and Charlie are 27 and 26, Luca and Anna are 28 and 26. Should younger ice dance teams be ashamed if they lose to Davis/White at the Olympics?

Lol it is not malicious hater comments. Like they didn't make any dumb mistakes? Meryl and Charlie started being successful at 23-22 so it's been 4 years of success starting at an early age. It's not the old ice dance it's the new ice dance and now youth centered. I/k have severe problems and that's just a fact. They need to work in weakness if they can.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Lol it is not malicious hater comments. Like they didn't make any dumb mistakes? Meryl and Charlie started being successful at 23-22 so it's been 4 years of success starting at an early age. It's not the old ice dance it's the new ice dance and now youth centered. I/k have severe problems and that's just a fact. They need to work in weakness if they can.
gmyers please stop it with your propoganda already!! They can't pay you enough for this drivel. D/W had at least 9-10 years of working together continuously before they made their senior debut. Also having the best coaches in the world helped. Considering what a mess Zhulin has made with B/S this season I can only imagine how poorly managed they were with him. In fact why do any of us bother to respond to you. It is such a waste of time :scowl: