Who skated to "Caruso"? | Golden Skate

Who skated to "Caruso"?

BlackPack

Medalist
I just remembered this song that I love called "Caruso" by Lucio Dalla. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRGuFM4DR2Y

I remember there were several skaters who skated to it in the 90s, I believe. Was it Petrenko? I couldn't find anything by Petrenko and Caruso on Youtube. Will have to dig deeper. I would love to see their interpretation again. TIA.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A few years ago, there was a Disson show that was a tribute to Andrea Bocelli. Either Katia G. or Silvia Fontana skated to Caruso in that show. I'll have to go back to the DVD we made of the show.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm getting a "green screen" for Viktor's Caruso right now :cry:, but I was able to watch the other performance I mentioned. Looks like it was Katia. :love: Silvia was in the show, though, too. It was/is one of my favorite Disson shows, so I need to rewatch the whole thing one of these days.

BlackPack

Medalist
Thank you all for responding. This is a knowledgeable forum :) There are definitely moments in skating that I momentarily forgot about, but so happy there are people who remember.

My favorites are Shae-Lynn's and Viktor's. I saw Shae-Lynn's interpretation a few years ago... forgot. I even temporarily forget people I meet whom I'm attracted to since there are way too many distractions. Plush skating to Caruso would make sense since he's a huge Viktor fan and would have seen his 1994/5 Caruso growing up.

And yes... I was a big Abt fan too. It was heartbreaking to see someone so talented put it together only once in his career ('98 Euros).