Kaetlyn Osmond withdraws from Rostelecom | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kaetlyn Osmond withdraws from Rostelecom

Coriana

On the Ice
They competed as juniors this year, along with Seguin. None made the final. Gabby is reported to be working on a 3A. As you say, shhe's a powerful jumper. Veronik Maillet had a senior Grand Prix, as she's too old for junior. Amelie is improving under Krall.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Daleman is powerful but lacks refinement---that is why she is a junior. Seguin and Chartrand are inconsistent. Mallet needs more competition experience.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Drat! She is a phenomenal performer, just love her, alll these withdrawals suck, really. Good luck kaet. You have a legion of fans wishing you speedy recovery. Go to Sochi and wow us!

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Oh bummer. I figured she would withdraw but darn! :( I wish Kaetlyn all of my best for a full recovery before the Olympics!

gottadance

On the Ice
according to post in Trophee E B section of Grand Prix threads, Ross Miner is out of the event because of a sprained ankle!!
it was confirmed by a tweet from USFSA

LRK

Record Breaker
I think it is very wise to be cautious, and hope all the best for Kaetlyn and a speedy and full recovery.

I think somebody else asked, but I don't think I saw an answer? - When is Canadian Nationals? At present I think that would be a more important goal for Kaetlyn than the GP.

Also, who are the next alternates for the GPs? I'm not sure about the rules, but I think at this point, replacing her is not mandatory for the Russian fed? Or is that if there is less than 7 days to go? I'm very hazy on these things, I'm afraid... Anyway, I would think that their choice may depend on who they could choose, and how much it would cost them? Ergo, where the skater is based? Is this correct?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
This really will affect Canada's team event. It gives the USA the edge and opens to door for Italy. I really hope Italy doesn't win gold in the team event with no real guy but I can see that happening

amc987

On the Ice
This really will affect Canada's team event. It gives the USA the edge and opens to door for Italy. I really hope Italy doesn't win gold in the team event with no real guy but I can see that happening

How will Osmond's withdrawal from Rostelecom have any impact on Canada's chances in the team competition?

Also, do we have any idea who will get her spot in Moscow?

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Good luck to her for a complete recovery for Canadian Nationals. She should have an excellent chance to make the Canadian team if she is fully recovered.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Sorry to hear about her withdrawal and injury. Her SP is one of my favorites this season.
Wishing her a speedy recovery.

SC shouldn't have let/have her skate at SC international. As they are aiming for gold in the team event, they should know better. It's not like Joannie is still hanging on the verge of retirement. She jumped off the cliff and made it very clear that she has no intention whatsoever to ever return to olympic stage.

I just feel so sorry for Kaetlyn. Wishing her a quick recovery.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
i wonder if she will be competitive ready??? This really opens up the chances in Canada - to go to Olys for the ladies.

hohoho

On the Ice
SC shouldn't have let/have her skate at SC international. As they are aiming for gold in the team event, they should know better. It's not like Joannie is still hanging on the verge of retirement. She jumped off the cliff and made it very clear that she has no intention whatsoever to ever return to olympic stage.

I just feel so sorry for Kaetlyn. Wishing her a quick recovery.

I believe SC let the skater and coach decide on whether a skater is ready. From what I understand this is a completly different injury - left foot and right hamstring. From what I understand Osmond's coach is very protective and will not let her skate injured. To me that is great. No pressure. And SC head medical is based in Edmonton. I would imagine that Osmond is getting the best medical care and advice possible.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
didn't Osmond win last nationals with like 210+ score with 2 falls

Im sure by nationals they will have no problems inflating her marks again
I'm sure she will make the Canadian team, they have no other contender for ladies and she the beacon of the crop

hohoho

On the Ice
didn't Osmond win last nationals with like 210+ score with 2 falls

Im sure by nationals they will have no problems inflating her marks again
I'm sure she will make the Canadian team, they have no other contender for ladies and she the beacon of the crop

She had one fall and scored 201. We all know sky_fly20 do not like Osmond. Her scores were no more inflated than any other nationaal competition worldwide.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
She had one fall and scored 201. We all know sky_fly20 do not like Osmond. Her scores were no more inflated than any other nationaal competition worldwide.

No other nationals score above 200+ in ladies beyond Mao, Yuna and Carolina in their respective nationals
almost legitimately for the scores they will also get internationally

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Yes, other nationals do have inflation, but the skaters didn't skate well enough to push them beyond 200. They were still scored higher than they would be scored internationally.

What is your problem with Osmond? What did she do to you that is making you resort to such attacks, like you're a 5-year old child whining on a playground?